Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airgun world free magazine difference

Airgun world free magazine difference

How come the free magazine with airgun world is different in particular stores? I bought the latest AGW in Tesco in Horwich, Bolton on Saturday and it came with a free copy of sporting shooter. Not my usual read, but I find bits interesting and hey, it's free. Went into Tesco in Farnworth, Bolton, on Monday, and the same copy of AGW was bundled with Airgunner?! Had I known I could have got it with Airgunner instead I maybe wouldn't have bought it earlier.

Why the different bundles in different stores of the same chain?

Quote Originally Posted by svendogg View Post
    How come the free magazine with airgun world is different in particular stores? I bought the latest AGW in Tesco in Horwich, Bolton on Saturday and it came with a free copy of sporting shooter. Not my usual read, but I find bits interesting and hey, it's free. Went into Tesco in Farnworth, Bolton, on Monday, and the same copy of AGW was bundled with Airgunner?! Had I known I could have got it with Airgunner instead I maybe wouldn't have bought it earlier.

Why the different bundles in different stores of the same chain?
    I believe our marketing department go with what has worked best in the past, mate. Also, there could be more relevant content in one mag' than another, which would prompt a targeted promotion. That's how I think it works, anyway, although I'm pleased to say that marketing isn't under my control, so I could be wrong.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Terry.....now don't you be looking on any Boinger Bash threads for a while okay?

But Claire did say that you'll always get the nod on any upcoming PCPs.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Terry.....now don't you be looking on any Boinger Bash threads for a while okay?

But Claire did say that you'll always get the nod on any upcoming PCPs.

BOING!
    Tony you're living in a dream world mate as you bloody well know Air Arms are not going to be bringing their new break barrel to the boinger bash as they haven't damn well made one......and never will

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Tony you're living in a dream world mate as you bloody well know Air Arms are not going to be bringing their new break barrel to the boinger bash as they haven't damn well made one......and never will

Pete
    Spoil sport!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Spoil sport!
    SSSSHHHHHH! I'm trying to put a flea in Terry's ear so he'll go back to AA and say something about it

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

SSSSHHHHHH! I'm trying to put a flea in Terry's ear so he'll go back to AA and say something about it

Pete
    I've said pretty much everything you chaps have wished for, plus Air Arms looks at this forum on a regular basis.

All I'm saying is, they always listen, then they go away to do the numbers. New stuff IS on the way, but I'm not at liberty to reveal anything at the moment. Keep the faith, chaps - you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    I've said pretty much everything you chaps have wished for, plus Air Arms looks at this forum on a regular basis.

All I'm saying is, they always listen, then they go away to do the numbers. New stuff IS on the way, but I'm not at liberty to reveal anything at the moment. Keep the faith, chaps - you never know.
    You're just a bloody tease, you are

Pete

You're just a bloody tease, you are

Pete
    Sorry, Pete, can't stop. Too busy assessing the recoil characteristics on this incredible new ... *signal fades*

Quote Originally Posted by terry d View Post
    sorry, pete, can't stop. Too busy assessing the recoil characteristics on this incredible new ... *signal fades*
    stop it you *%$&£!

Marvellous!

That means we is going to get one, in'it?

If you need a further opinion on testing the prototype, just shout up.

Tell me.....does it have a manual barrel latch?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Sorry, Pete, can't stop. Too busy assessing the recoil characteristics on this incredible new ... *signal fades*
    That has made me chuckle.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Marvellous!

That means we is going to get one, in'it?
    I couldn't possibly say.

All I said to them was, you lot wanted 'sumfin in a pretend military style wiv plenty of tactical plastic on it, wot's par'ful an' accrut, wiv two Hox springs in it to give it a proper kick, an' a gurt-long barrel wot makes it more better.'

I trust I got the brief right, chaps?

I couldn't possibly say.

All I said to them was, you lot wanted 'sumfin in a pretend military style wiv plenty of tactical plastic on it, wot's par'ful an' accrut, wiv two Hox springs in it to give it a proper kick, an' a gurt-long barrel wot makes it more better.'

I trust I got the brief right, chaps?
    Spot on, in that case I won't need to buy one as my AA combat will be just as good

Pete

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Spot on, in that case I won't need to buy one as my AA combat will be just as good

Pete
    Nahh, you need the Sussex Armoury/Air Arms Parabellum to match our Tel's brief, as that is the one (iirc) with the 'Kentucky Rifle' length barrel as per our 'we want' brief ... A bayonet attachment and a camo plastic stock option to be added to Terry's creation would be good, too, no ???

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.