Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TX200 long or short, what tune.

Don't know about .177 but my '.22/HC' loved 'H&N Ftt' and 'Superdomes' if that's any help, my .177/95k would put 'domes' through the same hole at 30yds...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Just discovered you can buy 50 pellets at a time from certain sellers, so I got about 8 different types.

Everything you guys have suggested and a few I've heard about elsewhere.

I'll keep running these guns in to about 500, then test them properly with each test pellet in groups of 10 at my rimfire indoor club range at 25 yards.

That should be a good start
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 18-04-2018 at 11:35 PM.

I use aa fields and always have due to the fact my tx is aa lol. My tx has secrets that I'm afraid will not be shared but I can give you some advice if needed

What target shooting are you doing, i.e how far are you shooting?
    Out to 35 ish yards any tin of JSB 8.44's are perfect. From 35 to 45 different die numbers start to make a difference. For a TX try die's 4, 8 or 54 if you can get hold of some. They have worked very well for me

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    What target shooting are you doing, i.e how far are you shooting?
    Out to 35 ish yards any tin of JSB 8.44's are perfect. From 35 to 45 different die numbers start to make a difference. For a TX try die's 4, 8 or 54 if you can get hold of some. They have worked very well for me
    pedantically, the differences can be more significant. One batch of JSBs I have shoots about 20 fps slower, less consitently and noticably less accurately than all other batches from my TXs.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I've had a chat with Wonky Donkey and he put me in contact with Timbum, I then bought Timbum's better spring guide set and special grease.

Timbum was extremely helpful and friendly on the phone and I will be following his advice to the letter when his parts get here in the post.

I'm sure this will be a great first step to getting the best out of my TX, and I will leave it like that for quite a while. If I feel it needs more later on, I'll take a second look. Looks like I got to get the LGU gone now!

Thanks for everybody's help

Most do seem to prefer them with a lighter, Delrin, top hat, which is one of the little parts making up the TbT kit.

You may need a little more preload on the spring once you've fitted the lighter top hat, so make sure you have the chrono on standby for power check. Anything over 10.5 will do nicely.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thank you Tony, advice noted

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Most do seem to prefer them with a lighter, Delrin, top hat, which is one of the little parts making up the TbT kit.

You may need a little more preload on the spring once you've fitted the lighter top hat, so make sure you have the chrono on standby for power check. Anything over 10.5 will do nicely.
    My tbt kit come straight out after it snapped. Stick with original

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Custard1 View Post
    My tbt kit come straight out after it snapped. Stick with original
    We have a fail rate on rear guides of <1%, but some just fail in the first 50 or so shots due to imperfections in the plastic. The next biggest cause is the spring having burrs or rough spots which score a line similar to a glass cutter which fails under pressure. Either way they all have a lifetime guarantee, had you let us know it would have been replaced straight away.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    We have a fail rate on rear guides of <1%, but some just fail in the first 50 or so shots due to imperfections in the plastic. The next biggest cause is the spring having burrs or rough spots which score a line similar to a glass cutter which fails under pressure. Either way they all have a lifetime guarantee, had you let us know it would have been replaced straight away.
    One of mine failed after about 20 shots. You replaced withing 2 working days.
    Due to changing from mk3 to mk2 spring I don't use the guide anymore, but the customer service was A+. Highly recommended

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I let you know as I pmed you, as they snap they obviously are made out of the wrong martial so no need to get smart

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Custard1 View Post
    I let you know as I pmed you, as they snap they obviously are made out of the wrong martial so no need to get smart
    That pm was less than an hour ago and it sounded very much like it was in the past tense and certainly after you complained on this thread. I am not smart, don't worry.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Personally I would be looking at a custom stock. Tuning is fine, but not much cop if you struggle to reach the trigger or have poor scope/eye alignment. A well fitting stock can make a world of difference, even to an old twanger

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.