Thread: TX200 long or short, what tune.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    How much shooting have you actually done?

It will be tricky to produce the right result without considerable experience
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

For pure target work it's gotta be the full length every time and a set of guides and a light polish should suffice so far as tuning goes...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

"How much shooting have you actually done?"
    30years air rifle including 2 HFT club comps , and competition small bore.

"It will be tricky to produce the right result without considerable experience"
    Well it is what it is, they are my guns, so I have to make a choice over time. I'm not keeping both!

They are both full length

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    "How much shooting have you actually done?"
    30years air rifle including 2 HFT club comps , and competition small bore.

"It will be tricky to produce the right result without considerable experience"
    Well it is what it is, they are my guns, so I have to make a choice over time. I'm not keeping both!

They are both full length
    Sorry if that sounded abrupt, I just get many punters asking for complex mods or trendy “tunes” when they would be better just investing serious time just practicing.... modern kit is already very well set up for the vast majority of decent shooters.

If you are very experienced and understand what you are trying to achieve and that gun mods can only ever make a fractional difference to results then the best of luck.

The experts here will see you right.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Awesome guys, thank you

I feel I'm giving myself the best chance now with both guns fit for target. I didn't bother with HW as I'm lead to believe, they DO need tuning right from the start to get the gun to a reasonable level. That would put me right back at the start, and I'm trying to move forward.

I think you're right Tony, as it stands now, I feel the TX will stay as both guns are very similar as I type, with a little less recoil from the TX. So that means the TX will get better and then further down the line there are many tuners and kits for the TX to make it even better, where there is nothing for the LGU.

I will indeed get a selection of high end pellets, so far I only have AA Diabolo Fields 4.52 and both guns are liking them (so does my AA S400 MPR FT). What pellets and sizes would you recommend I buy? maybe 3 tins, lets not go mad

Don't know about .177 but my '.22/HC' loved 'H&N Ftt' and 'Superdomes' if that's any help, my .177/95k would put 'domes' through the same hole at 30yds...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Just discovered you can buy 50 pellets at a time from certain sellers, so I got about 8 different types.

Everything you guys have suggested and a few I've heard about elsewhere.

I'll keep running these guns in to about 500, then test them properly with each test pellet in groups of 10 at my rimfire indoor club range at 25 yards.

That should be a good start
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 18-04-2018 at 11:35 PM.