Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
Thanks Robin.
Were there fakes around? The so called Walther Sport I saw was clearly marked with the Walther name. There was only one thumbwheel. A bolt on the LH side passed through the LH sight side and screwed into the thumbwheel; this was into a threaded 'tube' that was part of the thumbwheel and passed from the RH side of the sight across the dovetails. On fitting to the LGR, this threaded tube clearly just contacted the top of the LGR cylinder so that when the thumbwheel was turned the 'tube' in contact with the LGR cylinder moved the sight along the rails.
The mysteries deepen.
Cheers, Phil
No Fakes, if it was marked Walther then it is one, or at least one of the cheapo Chinese ones they had made for a while and with drew, If the cross screw had a tube on it, it was either an LGV sight or small bore sight to lock in a grove which both had in the dovetail had to stop the sight moving under recoil. None I have had a squeeze up grip, and I have LGV, LGR, and modern ones, it may be some ones bodge up, or possibly a very early small bore sight. can you send a pic to my email?

Robin