Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
One of life's little learning curves, I guess.
On the plus side, the rifle did not work when I got it but I really enjoyed resealing it and seeing it work on spec after I had done so. And I now know what a 'puffer seal' is.
Cheers, Phil
Phil
You may find a better response to this in the classic collectors forum, but Bob (Zooma) has your answer, he has a full set of original LGR sights front and rear.

Walther front dovetails ARE different to Anschutz and every one of the modern companies , but Walther have not changed their dovetails since day one, they are the same profile today on modern Walther's, in fact up until very recently being old farts we always specified the standard 18 mm old style metal element carrying Walther front sight on our new Walthers, and had then on LG300's, LG400's, KK300's, and KK500.

The LGR front sight is different in finish, its a crackle finish, but the new current Walther 18 mm metal element holding standard front sight will fit the LGR dovetail perfectly, as will a Centra Walther fitting, and I've just tried both on an LGR to prove it!
The rear Walther dovetail is also the same from day one, and Anschutz items will also fit on that, and FWB with a tad easing. If you just want any sight, any of those will fit the rear. The correct LGR sight was used on the small bores of that period as well, and there are several slight variances over the years, all are OK. A few years (8 ish) ago Walther had some LGR pattern sights made for collectors in China, they were marked Walther and also had another logo underneath, but they were not happy with the quality and quickly withdrew them.

Have Fun
Robin
Best of luck