Thread: budget air rifle for pest control

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sensi5446 View Post
    Cheers TonyL I was thinking about using the 2240 with a stock but I have a valid excuse to buy a new toy I will take a look at the Shadow.

I would say £150 is my max.

cheers
    I've just had a look at the McAvoy's site and the new Shadow is priced at £111,

If it is the same action as my Vipermax (and guessing here that it is), it will be well up to the task. Synthetic stock, too. My Vipermax is completely standard. It does boing a fair bit, but you get used to it. The trigger is usable, breech lock-up is nice and solid and it doesn't move about much at all upon firing. At the recent Boinger Bash it was consistently hitting the "Quigley Bucket" at 75 yards, target size approx 6x6 cm? And smaller spinners absolute child's play at up to 50 yards. On paper at 20 yards, easily sub 1/2 inch edge to edge groups.

Very underrated, in my opinion.

As other fine people have said, get the practice in until you can consistently shoot the tight groups required for a clean, humane kill.
    Last edited by TonyL; 18-04-2018 at 09:11 PM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!