Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gareth W-B, Happy Birthday.

Cool Gareth W-B, Happy Birthday.

Gareth, retired super-mod and all round top chap.......

Many Happy Returns, Sir.

Have a great one and may The Boing be with you.

Tone.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Gareth, retired super-mod and all round top chap.......

Many Happy Returns, Sir.

Have a great one and may The Boing be with you.

Tone.
    Happy Birthday Gareth
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Happy birthday Gareth, nice to have met you at Kempton.

Lawrie

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Cheers Chaps. It is exactly 40 years ago this very morning, that as a fresh-faced sixteen year old, I was legally able to ride my first owned motorised two wheeler (a Yamaha FS1E) on the roads of Britain. I rode it to school, and remember feeling very cool, very cool indeed, and with my whole life in front of me. Ahh the exuberance of youth -- although these days, I would not be a teenager again if you paid me (lol). Thanks again Gents, and many thanks.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Oh the power of the internet. Ive managed to source a photo of Gareths first day with his new motorbike.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Aged 16, Gareth used to this it was his motorbike that attracted the birds when in fact it was his Acne. They thought it was Trill.
    Last edited by I. J.; 19-04-2018 at 08:03 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Happy birthday Gareth
    It was great meeting you at the bash ,and I hope to see you at another bash soon.
    Atb
    Les..

Cheers Gareth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    .Cheers Chaps. It is exactly 40 years ago this very morning, that as a fresh-faced sixteen year old, I was legally able to ride my first owned motorised two wheeler (a Yamaha FS1E) on the roads of Britain
    I remember the FS1E, did yours have pedals ?

.Ahh the exuberance of youth -- although these days, I would not be a teenager again if you paid me (lol)
    I hear that !
    Last edited by MartynB; 19-04-2018 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Typo
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Happy Birthday Gareth, have a great day mate
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Happy Birthday Gareth, have a good one

All of the above.

Oh do have a super one, mush - do!

Will there be frolics and bunting?

Huzzah!

56, eh? I'm dreading being that age, obviously. Dreading it, I am.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Continued thanks Kind Sirs (with the possible exception of our I. J. lol), and worry not Tel, it ain't as bad as ya fink ... Besides, you got years to go Bro, bloomin' years before you hit said target age.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post

I remember the FS1E, did yours have pedals ?
    Pedals.

August 1977 to August 1978 was the last year peds had to have pedals to be legally ridden at sixteen (which was why they were called mopeds). After August 1978, sixteeners had two options: pedal-less post August 1978 heavily restricted 50cc motorcycles (30mph tops) or pre Aug 1978 unrestricted mopeds and unrestricted sports mopeds (the latter, like the traditional Yamaha FS1E being good for 60mph, and only having pedals alongside their kick starters as a 'legal loop-hole' to enable kids of sixteen to ride them ). Yep, happy HAPPY days indeed ...

Pedals.

August 1977 to August 1978 was the last year peds had to have pedals to be legally ridden at sixteen (which was why they were called mopeds). After August 1978, sixteeners had two options: pedal-less post August 1978 heavily restricted 50cc motorcycles (30mph tops) or pre Aug 1978 unrestricted mopeds and unrestricted sports mopeds (the latter, like the traditional Yamaha FS1E being good for 60mph, and only having pedals alongside their kick starters as a 'legal loop-hole' to enable kids of sixteen to ride them ). Yep, happy HAPPY days indeed ...
    Intersting history lesson - I had one of those Honda 50's without pedals, remember lying prone to see how fast we could go down the road, I never quite hit 60mph, this was around Shaftesbury in Dorset which is very hilly

Happy Birthday Gareth
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404