Thread: Usability of DOA 600 reticle for airgun shooting?

Usability of DOA 600 reticle for airgun shooting?

Hi, I'm thinkin about buying a Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 3-9x40 with DOA 600 reticle. I wondered if the reticle is good for airgun shooting.
    It will go on a .25 fac BSA, and my ranges are anything to 90 yards (mainly plinking). I realise that the magnification is not great, but I'm more concerned about the ret.
    I'm used to Hawke's AMX and Optisan's SCB reticles.
    Many thanks, Louis

Hi Louis ,
    I Googled the reticule and it looks more of a long range reticule ( I am in no way an expert ) but on an FAC .25 it may be ok .
    Out of interest which BSA have You got , I am interested as I have ordered a BSA Ultra Multishot in .25 but sub 12 , just fancied something different 😀 atb ..... Paul

If I have found the correct reticule then the first hash mark is approximately 1.5 MOA, the 2nd one is 3.5 MOA, the 3rd one is 6.2 MOA, the fourth one 9.6 MOA and the last one is 13.7 MOA.
    Now these are all assumptions based on your gun being about 40 ft.lbs using a JSB King pellet, BC 0.035 and zeroed @ 35 yards, if so then the 1st hash mark corresponds to about 43 Yards, the 2nd to about 52 Yards, the 3rd one to about 62 Yards and then 74 Yards and the last one to about 84 Yards.
    In reality you should really test these in the range.
    The scope is also has to be set at its designated Mag usually the MAX Mag available for the values to be true. If not then you will have to interpolate the marks.
    Hope this helps.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by Pjw18 View Post
    Hi Louis ,
    I Googled the reticule and it looks more of a long range reticule ( I am in no way an expert ) but on an FAC .25 it may be ok .
    Out of interest which BSA have You got , I am interested as I have ordered a BSA Ultra Multishot in .25 but sub 12 , just fancied something different 😀 atb ..... Paul
    Hi Pjw18, nice choice! That will be an SE model right? I have 4 Ultra mmc's (oops), a Techstar (designed for the US market) and a Lonestar. Most of them fac.
    Enjoy the Ultra!
    Louis

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    If I have found the correct reticule then the first hash mark is approximately 1.5 MOA, the 2nd one is 3.5 MOA, the 3rd one is 6.2 MOA, the fourth one 9.6 MOA and the last one is 13.7 MOA.
    Now these are all assumptions based on your gun being about 40 ft.lbs using a JSB King pellet, BC 0.035 and zeroed @ 35 yards, if so then the 1st hash mark corresponds to about 43 Yards, the 2nd to about 52 Yards, the 3rd one to about 62 Yards and then 74 Yards and the last one to about 84 Yards.
    In reality you should really test these in the range.
    The scope is also has to be set at its designated Mag usually the MAX Mag available for the values to be true. If not then you will have to interpolate the marks.
    Hope this helps.

A.G
    That's very interesting A.G. Many thanks for that. I've come across a Mamba Lite and I've decided to stick with that, also because of the slightly better price. But one day I'd love to try a good Bushnell. Cheers, Louis