Thread: Nikko sterling panamax.... When is a mil dot a mil dot!!??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Usually 10X which is completely useless on a 3-9X, don't for the life of me understand why they do that...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Don't know about the Panamax, but I gather that a fair few of the cheaper "mil-dot" scopes aren't true mil-dots, they are just scopes with dots on the reticle.

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    Usually 10X which is completely useless on a 3-9X, don't for the life of me understand why they do that...
    Works with chairgun... This will show the target on any mag of a "10x" mil dot scope.
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 19-04-2018 at 06:11 PM.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

imorik is offline I stick my head out and take it on the chin.
    Checked my panamax and it's true at 9x mag (well as near as i could tell with a bit of scope wobblle). It makes no difference anyway, use scope at whatever mag suits and stick to it. Paper targets set out at distances you shoot at and make note of impact point in mildots. You can download targets with half mil dot reticle on it which is true at the distance stated on the target. Simply set target at that distance and alter your mag until it matches
    AA TX200 MK2 .177, MK3 Barrel, long stroked & shortened T/P
    AA TX200 MK3 HC .177, 22mm internals, shortened T/P
    http://www.anstonftc.co.uk/

When a mildot exactly measures 36" at 1000 ( the height of a 6' tall man would cover 2 mildots ) or 3.6" at 100 yards @ 10X or more accurately 3.44 Minutes Of Angle then it is a true mildot. All this has been handed down from the US military.

A.G

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    When a mildot exactly measures 36" at 1000 ( the height of a 6' tall man would cover 2 mildots ) or 3.6" at 100 yards @ 10X or more accurately 3.44 Minutes Of Angle then it is a true mildot. All this has been handed down from the US military.

A.G

Ahem.....milliradians as a measure of angle existed long before the US.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL