Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
Cheers Tone, I’ve just emailed you back

Don’t worry the 30s Synthetic is marked as an heirloom now the youngest has already called dibs
Absolutely brilliant news re the heirloom status, Nick, making this one very special "family" gun.

I think it's often been said that our sense of smell is huge in terms of bringing back memories and I can well believe it......The gentle aroma of a springer burning off a bit of lube, Castrol R......ahh, Castrol R . And the smell of opening a tin of old Eley Wasps years ago. A most distinctive, slightly pungent and "sharp" smell.

And I'll never forget opening my first tins of RWS pellets. I'd be about 15 at the time. I'd read about them in AGW and wanted to use them in my HW35. Nowhere locally sold them, so a friend and I got on the train and visited Guns and Ammo in Sheffield. The sensation on opening those tins is still fresh in my mind....the dark look compared to the pellets I'd used previously and the strong, dark smell, almost "heavily leaden" aroma of these pellets, which seemed really exotic to me then.

Hopefully those boys of yours will keep on airgunning. Yes, over the years, they'll be challenged with other temptations, but once engrained in them, it's something that'll stay with them forever and they will be able to think back on happy times with Dad, recollect THEIR own sights, sounds and smells and share it with their kids too.

Always keep-a-boinging my friend.