Found myself at a loose end today.

I had some funds left over from my recent birthday so decided to treat myself

I’ve had the new synthetic HW30s on my radar for a little time and today, I bit the bullet and made that purchase I’d been considering for sometime.

So little trip into Derby and new purchase made.

Don’t you just love that new gun feeling

So back home, rifle out the box tin of pellets in hand and into my garage range, set up the targets and pure bliss a very nice easy plinking session.

Then oldest son wants to have a go, no problem he’s plinking away with a grin ear to ear and I couldn’t be happier, everything I taught him still present safe handling and perfect all round as he hasn’t shot for a while he got a little fatigued in his left arm as he broke his wrist just before Xmas it was understandable so didn’t push him and he was happy with his short but sweet session.

I could smell that new Weihrauch grease burning away and immediately it took me back to the 80’s shooting with my uncle in our back yard growing up as a kid.
The smell and pleasure it was blooming ace only this time my probably highly collectible today Star Wars figure collection wasn’t being blown to pieces

Then youngest arrives home from school and is intrigued, he’s not shot before so I had to go through the standard safety drill first and it was then time for him to take his first ever shot with an air rifle.

First shot bullseye beginners luck? Errr most probably as every other shot was drifting way too the right so there’s certainly some work to do, but I can’t tell you how happy this made me today seeing there grins and excitement makes me so proud that I’m giving them that bug.

The blooming smell though absolutely love it

As a foot note I’ll give it a few more sessions before it’s stripped and regreased