Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Name Your Best Buy Airgun In The Last 5 Years!

Name Your Best Buy Airgun In The Last 5 Years!

Name your SINGLE best buy in the last 5 years.

Primarily the pistol or rifle that you have gained MOST use and pleasure from, and therefore represents REAL value for money for you. Actual prices are not significant.

Meant to be guns with which you get the most SHOOTING time, but guns that you like to own, hold and look at longingly qualify....I guess

For me it has to be the lightweight CZ T200 .177
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

No brainer for me. Impact GSX 200 .20 calibre, and I've bought a few over the last five years. Although I must admit for some unknown reason I am moving back towards the springer's now

Without a doubt my Diana 48 Black Pro. I paid £250 brand new.

My tx200, cant put it down

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

My Bsa spitfire in .22 about 4 years ago £75 in Essex guns,the stock had a few scratches but the metal work was perfect.It still holds its air and shoots superbly.
    Les..

Had a few over the last 5yrs but it will have to be one or the other of my 2 'Webley Raiders' both were the 2 shot version, the first was a 'Venom Viper' and the other (my current rifle) is just a standard 'Raider' but both very good rifles...

In a moment of stupidity I sold the 'Viper' so as soon as I saw my current 'Raider' in my local RFD I just had to have it, it's a keeper that's fer sure 'but' how many times have I said that before !...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

My full length TX200. In the year I've owned it, it's been shot 2 or 3 times a week (except when on holiday). And probably over 30 HFT comps now. Hard to keep track.
    Already shot it two evenings this week, and got 2 comps this weekend. If ever there was a keeper....

Not technically from the last 5 years, but couldnt resist adding it anyway H as to be my lovely left-handed walnut .22 Titan Bearcat. Owned from new from the early nineties. It really is so light and " dinky" . Today , it arrived back from Mr Bowkett having had a full overhaul and a JB improved match trigger fitted.

Ooh, this isn't easy - my all time favourite has to be the .177 TX200hc that I've got now.
    It's my third TX so, I've made sure that I've got this exactly as I want it - I love taking it out of the bag.

Most memorable have to be a .177 Cricket and a .25 Matador - both built like a tank and, both awesome hunting rigs in their own ways.

All of the above.

Chippendale is online now Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by titan bearcat View Post
    Not technically from the last 5 years, but couldnt resist adding it anyway H as to be my lovely left-handed walnut .22 Titan Bearcat. Owned from new from the early nineties. It really is so light and " dinky" . Today , it arrived back from Mr Bowkett having had a full overhaul and a JB improved match trigger fitted.
    HW 30s but sold it, needs must i'm afraid.

Original 35 with the Diopter sight, love it , keeper.

Chippendale

Oh dear so many have come and gone in the last 5 years under my ownership I haven’t got a clue which one I would choose

Mk1 Air Ranger was pretty damn good and seem to be getting quite rare now.

Quite a few single shot ultras that have passed through my hands that will always have a soft spot just love them.

I guess for sheer pleasure though only just today I’ve picked up a HW30s Synthetic and not just a pleasure thing for me it’s also gave me more pleasure watching my two sons also enjoy it and especially my youngest as it’s his first ever time shooting today

Walnut Webley Longbow.

A number of others come close, but that's the one I first thought of, which is probably a good indicator.

Can’t fault my bsa hornet mmc 177 pcp , cs stock and so so accurate , it’s a joy to shoot

Without a doubt the .25 rapid,
    Rifle, boxed 6-24 Nighteater scope, twin 12ltr 300bar bottles, bag & 2850ish pellets for around £800 iirc.

Had been bought while the seller lived overseas & I'm pretty sure that it had only shot the missing 150 odd pellets as he had 1000 each of 3 brands with 1 tin of each opened and all 3 were dire through the rifle.

I did start to worry as every pellet I tried in it was also dire, until I found some JSB Exact Kings which it shoots ragged single hole (next best "group" is about 30mm )

Rifle: MPR in an ACZ stock bought from a bbs member for £600.
    Pistol: definitely Aeron B96. So much I had to have two, just in case..
    TTFN
    N.
    "The only difference between Men and Boys is the price they pay for their Toys."