Thread: Will an LGU stock fit a Century?

Will an LGU stock fit a Century?

Does anyone know??

Thanks Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

no am pretty sure they don't, however a century stock will fit an lgv and vice versa or so I was told by Armex

Thanks for that I just wondered if their modular approach extended to the stocks, keeping hole centres the same etc.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Thanks for that I just wondered if their modular approach extended to the stocks, keeping hole centres the same etc.
    the lgu / lgv's are 2 different rifles from that perspective, if memory serves me right (not a sure thing these days....) the lgv has a sort of rocker plate that sits on 2 springs that is part of the stock while certainly for my lgu varmint it looks to be that the mechanism slides on the stock, however I am sure one of the many experts that we have on here will be able to put it more succinctly than my noob ramblings.....

I had a brief chat with Armex as I did want to get a synthetic stock for my lgv and they said they didn't supply them (the stocks) but you could get a century with a synthetic stock and swap them over if desired.....
    Last edited by GB2017; 27-11-2018 at 08:43 AM. Reason: edited as didnt proof read....

Quote Originally Posted by GB2017 View Post
    the lgu / lgv's are 2 different rifles from that perspective correct, if memory serves me right (not a sure thing these days....) the lgv has a sort of rocker plate that sits on 2 springs that is part of the stock correct while certainly for my lgu varmint it looks to be that the mechanism slides on the stock correct, however I am sure one of the many experts that we have on here will be able to put it more succinctly than my noob ramblings.....

I had a brief chat with Armex as I did want to get a synthetic stock for my lgv and they said they didn't supply them ??? but you could get a century with a synthetic ??? swap and swap them over if desired.....
    The LGV with the synthetic stock is called the very well sold (at least in the rest of the world) CHALLENGER and shows the same "rocker plate" - as you call it - as with the wooden stock.
    Have a look here
    https://picload.org/view/dlrarawl/20...aftof.jpg.html

The same plate you will find in the CENTURY Varmint (the one with the simple XT-trigger) as shown in these pictures
    https://picload.org/view/dclradci/27...nnheb.jpg.html
    https://picload.org/view/dclradcc/27...nnheb.jpg.html

and most probably in the CENTURY GT Varmint (XM-trigger) thus LGV and CENTURY are interchangeable in any of their stocks indeed.

I'm going to find out definitely the next days as having in hands at the moment (all in sub-12fpe / .177)
    my appreciated LGV Competition Ultra
    a CENTURY Varmint
    a CENTURY GT Varmint

Quite sure no interchangeability with with any stocks of LGU but will get proof with my LGU Master and a LGU Varmint.

Thanks for the reply pelletcaster, it was the interchability of the century and LGU stock I was interested in. I figured that there would be more chance of a second hand lgu stock coming up for sale because of someone fitting a custom target stock to their LGU and I could perhaps make my century look like an LGV master Pro!!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer