Thread: Walther CP99 pistol

Walther CP99 pistol

Aquired one of these C02 pistols , anyone tell me there thoughts on them please .

A few questions please :-

.177 cal - which is best pellet for them and type flat head / round head .

Also regards pellet weights - I know how pcp and springer pellet weights effect performance ,what about C02

C02 capsules -- any difference in the name brands ie walther / Crossman and the cheapo cheap

Thank you

guess that's a no then

Nice handling and looking pistol.

DA trigger is poor, though can be mastered with practice. SA is very nice.

Sights are stupidly huge and rear sight windage adjustment is annoying, requiring two and a half hands. Which few of us have.

Safety catch is unoriginal to the cartridge gun and inconveniently located. Best ignored and trust safe handling.

Use OK flat-heads. Hobbys, Gecos, Bisley Practice, that kind of thing.

Especially if you use a bit of pellgunoil every 2-3 capsules, I think most CO2s are basically the same. You will sometimes find a gun that seals better or loads more easily with one brand than another, but I think that comes down to trial and error.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by darren m View Post

guess that's a no then
    Dollies back in the pram, please (lol) and patience as I know how frustrating it can b when waiting for replies regarding a new toy ... P-M an active mod and ask them to move this thread to the pistol sub-section so it is seen by the right people ... For the record, my CP99 liked RWS Hobbies the best, and I found it to be the best all-round pellet firing Co2 plinking pistol that I have ever owned ... That do?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Nice handling and looking pistol.

DA trigger is poor, though can be mastered with practice. SA is very nice.

Sights are stupidly huge and rear sight windage adjustment is annoying, requiring two and a half hands. Which few of us have.

Safety catch is unoriginal to the cartridge gun and inconveniently located. Best ignored and trust safe handling.

Use OK flat-heads. Hobbys, Gecos, Bisley Practice, that kind of thing.

Especially if you use a bit of pellgunoil every 2-3 capsules, I think most CO2s are basically the same. You will sometimes find a gun that seals better or loads more easily with one brand than another, but I think that comes down to trial and error.

Thank you , that's covered my queries

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Dollies back in the pram, please (lol) and patience as I know how frustrating it can b when waiting for replies regarding a new toy ... P-M an active mod and ask them to move this thread to the pistol sub-section so it is seen by the right people ... For the record, my CP99 liked RWS Hobbies the best, and I found it to be the best all-round pellet firing Co2 plinking pistol that I have ever owned ... That do?

thank you .

what , I didn't even know there was a pistol section …

got some hobbies somewhere , have you ever tried the umarex branded flat heads , even lighter ..