Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Name Your Best Buy Airgun In The Last 5 Years!

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Mind if I ask why?
    Don’t know why. Just haven’t gelled with it. Maybe the thumbhole stock? Maybe the magazine, or the single loader? Or the comb is too low? Or the poor grouping (which has been improved by HC). Whatever it is, I just haven’t warmed to it. Perhaps it was a timing thing - I got it about the same time as the Mk4is and the FTP900, both (for me) are special, beside them the HW100 is (as teenagers would say) meh.

The ONLY one?
    I've two of them.

Darkside: DS Mk4iS S .177
    Brightside: LGU Master .177

Toss up between a 631 Slavia .177 bought from Dayglowfroggy and tweaked by Jon Budd and another Slavia 634 .22 courtesy of Paul from Peterborough (can't remember Forum name).... These are beautifully engineered and superbly accurate springer air rifles.... Does anyone know if they are still being manufactured?
    From a value for money aspect the SMK 208 .22 I bought from my local dealer for £50 shoots brilliantly as does the thumb hole model modified by Peddy on here is first class as Baldinio and Tony L will verify.

My b&m AA tx200sr bullpup. Its a bugger to cock and is heavy but i can hold it and look at it for ages. I was told this was keiths old gun. Its the only one i have seen in a ft type stock with a carved out hamster. So glad i added it to my collection.

Air arms pro target tactical hunter.....you just has to think the pellet to the target ....12/ 200 rapid ,superb! .oh and a cybergun Uzi.....never had so much fun with me strides on .
    Biggest regret was a Bonnie and Clyde 99s as part of a trade , before they became popular .So smooth that I thought it was buggered .felt like it was doing about 2flbs ,like a Pcp ...didn't bother chronoing it and flogged it as is .
    Chap who I sold it to told me that it was actually slightly over .Couldn't believe it .

My best buys were my Pro Targets - 10m, Mk2, Mk3, Mk2 Tactical Hunters in .177 & .22. All mint and purchased at a great price. The wife also has one and is currently preferring it for HFT over her Steyr.

Mine is the red wolf fantastic gun

Definitely my AA s200 MK3. Sent it to Rat Works and it is now unbeatable.
    Air Arms S200 Rat Works Tuned with Hawke Airmax 6 - 24 x 50 Scope

A couple of years ago I bought an old Original 45. My god, did it need some work doing on it! I smile just looking at it, never mind shooting it. It just works for me.

Without a doubt my Edgun Matador R3 .177 legal limit. I go so far as to add that this rifle is the best legal limit general purpose air rifle I have ever owned.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

HW100k Sub 12 its just been fantastic
    FX impact .25 fac , FX crown .22 fac , probably the best two guns for FAC IMO . The FX crown is running at 36 ft/lbs but 10 seconds later I can be shooting at 11 ft/lbs

Since my initial post I've bought a Ripley XL9. Makes me smile just taking it out of the bag and looking at it, not alone using it.

HW100 sporter. Walnut stock. Alloy cylinder and front bracket off.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

An Air Arms S400 Classic fitted with the nicest piece of walnut and a new scope,a pleasure just to look at.

In terms of best value - Webley Raider two shot - brummie made and came with an HW silencer and a good bipod for £130 and it is in nice nick. Have shot a lot of rats with it.

'Best' probably my HW77k - set up for HFT and is way more accurate than I am.