This is a completely unsolicited plug for the HFT pairs shoot where a spring gunner and gay gunner combine scores to raise money for the very deserving charity Cancervive who provide support for the survivors of cancer and their families.

It is set to take place at the Oaks again on the Bank holiday monday 28th May. I hope to make it up to Sedger and get up on time as I some how managed to wake up at 8.15 in North London and get there by 10 am. Only just.

I will be collecting money in advance for the charity and hopefully obtaining sponsors to see if I can get more cash for the lovely folk who give their time and support free of charge.

I have had many people come to me over the last year and say that they have looked at the archives and can't work out what ive been doing as I always used to be in the 50s. this last year has seen a massive downturn in my scores with several times I haven't even made it into the 40s. So here's the challenge. Who wants to sponsor me as an individual to give me a sum for getting a 50 or even may be I can get a pb and get 55. Come on. let me know as I will now be pestering everyone at the next shoots between now and then to try and beat the massive contributions everyone gave last year where you enabled me to donate about £350 in total.

I have also recently been able to make some awesome pellet pouches that are all handmade leather with magnetic closing that are so well designed that Dopper has press-ganged me into making more of them because he was so impressed with them. I am charging £20 per pouch, I will donate £5 from each sale to the charity between now and then. please pm me or tap me up at a shoot near you.