Thread: HW100KS leaking

CannonFodder is offline Brown envelope round the back Squire...

HW100KS leaking

My eight year old HW100KS has suddenly developed a leak.

It's not the cylinder as I've taken that off and it holds air.

What are the common/usual reasons that they leak and are they a possible DIY job?

If not, who's the best person to send the action off to?

Thanks in advance.

Haydn

Nobody?

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    8 years! I'm surprised the regulator seals have not given up sooner to be honest?

I fix loads of these for club members and there are a few seals that are usually suspect, the quick fil valve is a common one but you've already ruled that one out. Next is the cylinder seal to the reg block, they give up regularly as do the regulator piston seals as they get old and harden up into plastic. Lastly, the firing valve can throw a wobbler and refuse to fully seal.

They are easily repaired and there are loads of how to guides out there but if you are in doubt, I'd gladly sort it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by premierpistol View Post
    8 years! I'm surprised the regulator seals have not given up sooner to be honest?

I fix loads of these for club members and there are a few seals that are usually suspect, the quick fil valve is a common one but you've already ruled that one out. Next is the cylinder seal to the reg block, they give up regularly as do the regulator piston seals as they get old and harden up into plastic. Lastly, the firing valve can throw a wobbler and refuse to fully seal.

They are easily repaired and there are loads of how to guides out there but if you are in doubt, I'd gladly sort it for you.
    Thanks for your help, I wondered which seals would be the usual suspects. Another member has sent me a strip down guide and I think I'm going to do it myself.

don't forget to order those seal kits, and fit it all.
    it will never work again lol

have it done by a professional, or be prepared for some extra costs and few weekends wasted. lot of fun though

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    Thanks for your help, I wondered which seals would be the usual suspects. Another member has sent me a strip down guide and I think I'm going to do it myself.
    No problem and good on ya, nothing quite as satisfying that getting it all done yourself. Just make sure you follow the guide to the letter and check your output afterwards...

Is you barrel loose? What about the breech block screws? More likely culprit i have found in the past is the thin breech block o-ring. Mines only had one leak and it was this one. Well and a cylinder which was leaking which I took apart and grit was causing that
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Quote Originally Posted by danco1987 View Post
    Is you barrel loose? What about the breech block screws? More likely culprit i have found in the past is the thin breech block o-ring. Mines only had one leak and it was this one. Well and a cylinder which was leaking which I took apart and grit was causing that
    Thanks for that, I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by krisko View Post
    don't forget to order those seal kits, and fit it all.
    it will never work again lol

have it done by a professional, or be prepared for some extra costs and few weekends wasted. lot of fun though
    I've had a seal kit for my BSA Spitfire for months now, but never got round to fixing it, if I can manage the HW100 I'll give the BSA a go too.

In for a penny.....

Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    I've had a seal kit for my BSA Spitfire for months now, but never got round to fixing it, if I can manage the HW100 I'll give the BSA a go too.

In for a penny.....
    The hw100 is pretty easy to work on to be fair. Resealing everything is a doddle and there's a great guide on the weihrauchs owners forum. Even removing the AT and fitting a new shuttle and hammer spring is even ok. Balancing the hammer spring and reg pressure takes a bit of time and patience but well worth it in the end.

You'll get it all sealed in the end. Beats paying someone else a handful of notes and the more you know the workings of your gun, the better.

Also, whilst you've got it apart, I'd recommend removing all the grease from the hammer and replacing with a light oil for metal moving parts. This can be reapplied every tin of pellets or so to avoid running it dry. The thick factory grease causes temperature inconsistencies.
    Last edited by danco1987; 25-04-2018 at 07:45 AM.
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377