Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thinking of trying HFT

Quote Originally Posted by Prone Shooter View Post
    Interesting numbers Chris, almost identical to our club with the same sort of numbers in each discipline.

Bob
    Aye Bob, but if a new shooter was looking for a club then it would be extremely rare if we turned them away.

Quote Originally Posted by bootneckbob View Post
    I agree with this. I read about it back in 2007 and thought I'd like to give it a go, emailed Pete Sparkes and turned up at Quarry to have a go. The rest as they say is history.
    Some people are just wired to get up and go and others aren't. Doesn't matter if it's HFT or hill walking.

I thought the comparision with bowling was a good one too. As for expensive kit, I'm pretty sure Chris Cundy and Kieran Turner shot with S200s a few years back in a magazine article to show the cost of the rifle had very little to do with scores, dare i say none (providing the rifle is shooting properly in the first place).
    Indeed we did...i think i got a 58 and K got a 57.......first and second on the day and we didn't really set up the trigger on the s200. Kieran used it as a base for an article when the top notch target rifles started to make inroads into HFT.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

I started shooting FT after the handgun ban and loved it and HFT from it,s interception but am too old for FT and as getting up and down is a problem but i would recommend HFT to anyone give it a go while you can ,but i have to say a course set too UKHFT rules has become very hard for beginners ie small kills too far away altering targets so bracketing has become impossible ,in the early days of HFT at tawd vale we would get 60 -70 shooters turning up in the pouring rain i see the point, the top lads will still come out on top .