Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Short strong mainsprings, where from?

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Yes

and

Yep

Pete
    Oh

and

Bother

Philly

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I doubt many people have many going on here as they know how shite they are and probably wouldn't buy one in the first place.

Pete
    Some people have got them to work well in some instances, but like the poster said they need finishing and fettling. A bit like a BSA SuperSport.

The problem comes with them when people take the untrimmed, unprepped spring and cram it into some unsuspecting medium power rifle.

That's not to say you should put one in your Theoben. That would be like walking around with someone elses dirty underpants on. It's an Ox and should stay in the Box has been the BBS mantra for the last 18 years.

The only shite spring is one with no spring in it!

I run a 1950's mod 27 which has a 61mm stroke and 25mm bore with a OX spring with 20mm of preload and
    I like it .

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yeah the square section springs that don't have sharp edges can be Ok in guns that need a stiff spring, and also benefit from the extra spring weight.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

lol I have used OX springs and they Have worked fine depends on what you want to do with them
    My theoben conversion has a standard FWB sport spring in it with about 45 mm of preload and does 11,5 ft lbs ( I know some people say thats a bit high but TBH it works for me and never goes above 12 )