Thread: Pistol grip filler.

Pistol grip filler.

My grip is too large for my Trump like hands.
    I need to build up the palm shelf an a few other areas.
    I tried polymorph plastic (the stuff that melts in hot water) but it seems to shrink as it hardens. Ronseal epoxy wood filler was much to sticky and fluid to build with. There used to be product known as Plastic Wood but I don't appear to be able to locate any.

So, any recommedations from the learned masses on the BBS?
    Last edited by LewesNick; 22-04-2018 at 06:09 PM.
    TTFN
    N.
    "The only difference between Men and Boys is the price they pay for their Toys."

In the past I have used a product called "Milliput" which is a two part filler that you can mix in small quantities. Place the filler in area that needs building up and wrap a layer of cling film over the grip and squeeze hard. The filler should then conform to the shape of your hand. Once fully hardened, the grip can then be sanded and adjusted if necessary.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    I used Isopon P38, car body filler to get the grip shape on the pistol in my avatar pic. With a coat of grey primer, followed by a coat of green, stone textured paint, I was very pleased with the result.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by reptilemarine View Post
    In the past I have used a product called "Milliput" which is a two part filler that you can mix in small quantities. Place the filler in area that needs building up and wrap a layer of cling film over the grip and squeeze hard. The filler should then conform to the shape of your hand. Once fully hardened, the grip can then be sanded and adjusted if necessary.
    Thanks for that, ordered a couple of packs.

n.
    TTFN
    N.
    "The only difference between Men and Boys is the price they pay for their Toys."

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    I used Isopon P38, car body filler to get the grip shape on the pistol in my avatar pic. With a coat of grey primer, followed by a coat of green, stone textured paint, I was very pleased with the result.
    Cheers, going for the milliput for now. I have used isopon in the past - not sure if that is what I want to do today.

n.
    TTFN
    N.