Thread: Two Totally different Carbines

Two Totally different Carbines

Absolutely beautiful day today so out to the backard range, took out my latest acquition the Beeman C1 and and the acquition last month, the Crosman 108. Surprised as I put them on my table they are similar in length. Actually the 108 is shorter, so really two carbines. What a contrast in shooting.

The C1 is a beast, surprising for its size, and very accurate (Surprising to me with its short barrel) with a light artillary hold. That spring really pops. I’m in .177 at 885 fps. Open sights are not friendly to old eyes but work well, very pleased.

The 108 couldn’t be more different no recoil at all. Want to hold it more firmly as I would a 22LR. Three pumps are very easy and all I need in the backyard. A scope mount from Mac-1 mounted in the Scout position with a Leupold Pistol Scope gives my old eyes a rest. A laser if I do my part.

I'm liking what you have done with that 108 to enable you to really enjoy using it - good to see :

Beautiful rifles. I only just "discovered" the Beeman and though I have never seen one in the flesh I think it is stunning. I have also never heard of the Crosman but it too looks very well designed. I am envious of your rifles...and I have saved the pic if you don't mind.