Hi all,

A question for the shed tuners and smart arses, why is there such a power difference in certain cylinder sizes, I mainly enquire regarding the Theoben spring conversion I've tried to do recently and the complete lack of power from what I would think is a pretty large compression cylinder (27mm) and a pretty beefy spring, yet smaller cylinders like the typical 25mm HW/AA size cylinders make power easily (my Prosport was always going over the limit when it had a V-mach kit fitted), I also read sometimes how owners of Airsporter/Mercury's struggle to get to 10ftp (although mine seem to be able to get over 11ftp ok) I know with the Airsporter it's the tap that sometimes causes power problems but considering they have 28mm cylinders, but then I read about shed tuners (I'm not pointing a finger at you JB but shed tuners in question) conversions were they are doing 22-23mm cylinder conversions with tiny springs and they are making power pretty easily, I know other factors come into it like TP sizes and lengths and more commonly it's the piston head type and size that helps.

Is it black magic and Steve Pope is actually a Voodoo witch doctor or is physics and mother nature just f*****g with us

Can someone please explain this annoying phenomenon to this bewildered and slightly pissed off idiot

Answers on a postcard to......

Pete