Thread: Daystate Customer Service

Daystate Customer Service

Following on from a recent post praising Armex for excellent customer service I have just received a reply from Daystate regarding a request for O ring sizes for two LR90 rifles I own. 'Unfortunately we are unable to provide sizes of all O rings, but do provide complete kits, size and shore matched upon serial numbers'

Considering other manufacturers list O ring sizes in owners manuals (Air Arms for instance) I think that is a poor response from Daystate

On the plus side a full o ring set for my Regal is £7.50, so would have thought a LR90 would be of similar price?

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    On the plus side a full o ring set for my Regal is £7.50, so would have thought a LR90 would be of similar price?
    The point was that as a former customer having bought the rifles from new I had requested information that would allow me to maintain them. I wrongly assumed Daystate would have freely given the information requested as part of their customer service

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    The point was that as a former customer having bought the rifles from new I had requested information that would allow me to maintain them. I wrongly assumed Daystate would have freely given the information requested as part of their customer service
    Why on Earth would you think they want you to maintain it yourself
    If they give you the numbers, you're not going to buy from them so it's poor business sense when they want to either sell you a seal kit at probably 10x mark up, or better still you send them the rifle to service.

It's a very common attitude in today's financial climate.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Following on from a recent post praising Armex for excellent customer service I have just received a reply from Daystate regarding a request for O ring sizes for two LR90 rifles I own. 'Unfortunately we are unable to provide sizes of all O rings, but do provide complete kits, size and shore matched upon serial numbers'

Considering other manufacturers list O ring sizes in owners manuals (Air Arms for instance) I think that is a poor response from Daystate
    I can see a couple of sides to this - Firstly, you as a customer want to know the size of a specific O ring for a gun, which will be pennies to buy, but from Daystates point of view it is far more cost effective to sell a pack at under a tenner than mess about sending individual O rings to people or even having to deal with the enquiry for a couple of O rings - so you have to see both sides, they are a factory and don't have people to do this kind of stuff.

On the other hand you mention that Air arms put the sizes of O rings on the schematically breakdown of the rifle - but what happens when they change something - do they re print all the documents, or publish new ones on line? Daystate have offered to send you a pack based on your serial number - which covers this and potential mistakes, so they did offer you a relatively cheap solution to be fair.

Have you tried going to an authorised Daystate dealer and asked them to order you one in? This is what manufacturers want you to do - use the dealer network which is there for exactly this event. If you wanted this info for your car - would you contact the factory or a dealership? I don't see the difference in terms of product group, and in a growing world of automation, less personal service, and cost cutting, I thing this is the kind of response you will get from most manufacturers now - perhaps not on this specific item, but broadly speaking you have to use the dealer network.

So much as you are disappointed, I'd not entirely sure you have been realistic in your expectations? But please PM me brief details - the issue/time/date/who you spoke to/your name and contact number and I'll put it through the "Daystate Owners Forum Factory Feedback" section - which is a direct link to the factory - although they do not reply, they do read the feedback. You never know, perhaps they will produce something to help and put it on their web site? I'll ask them this also - but raising this without taking any positive action will not help your case or feelings? Feel free to drop me the info and I'll put it on for you, or join yourself and let them know how you feel personally: http://www.daystateownersclub.com/forum/

Hope that helps a little?

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    I can see a couple of sides to this - Firstly, you as a customer want to know the size of a specific O ring for a gun, which will be pennies to buy, but from Daystates point of view it is far more cost effective to sell a pack at under a tenner than mess about sending individual O rings to people or even having to deal with the enquiry for a couple of O rings - so you have to see both sides, they are a factory and don't have people to do this kind of stuff.

On the other hand you mention that Air arms put the sizes of O rings on the schematically breakdown of the rifle - but what happens when they change something - do they re print all the documents, or publish new ones on line? Daystate have offered to send you a pack based on your serial number - which covers this and potential mistakes, so they did offer you a relatively cheap solution to be fair.

Have you tried going to an authorised Daystate dealer and asked them to order you one in? This is what manufacturers want you to do - use the dealer network which is there for exactly this event. If you wanted this info for your car - would you contact the factory or a dealership? I don't see the difference in terms of product group, and in a growing world of automation, less personal service, and cost cutting, I thing this is the kind of response you will get from most manufacturers now - perhaps not on this specific item, but broadly speaking you have to use the dealer network.

So much as you are disappointed, I'd not entirely sure you have been realistic in your expectations? But please PM me brief details - the issue/time/date/who you spoke to/your name and contact number and I'll put it through the "Daystate Owners Forum Factory Feedback" section - which is a direct link to the factory - although they do not reply, they do read the feedback. You never know, perhaps they will produce something to help and put it on their web site? I'll ask them this also - but raising this without taking any positive action will not help your case or feelings? Feel free to drop me the info and I'll put it on for you, or join yourself and let them know how you feel personally: http://www.daystateownersclub.com/forum/

Hope that helps a little?

James
    Thank you for your reply James. I have joined the Daystate Owners Club and will put the issue through the Factory Feedback section. I fully understand the reluctance to give out the information, after all why give the information away when they can charge a tenner for O rings costing pennies

The other difficulty is not everyone follows instructions or sizings correctly, much better to provide the exact parts in the correct grades.

Bodged repairs reflect badly on their brand

You could always measure when you strip the gun which is what everyone else does?
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

I had similar a couple of weeks ago when my air ranger leaked
    I posted pics on daystate owners of where the leak was from got advice on how to strip that part of the rifle and for under a tenner had a full seal kit in under 48 hours rather good service i thought