Thread: The fun of a Stoeger 1934 Catalog

The fun of a Stoeger 1934 Catalog

I know many of you have seen this but I had a chance to pick up a real Stoeger 1934 Catalog at about the same price as the reproductions. This was a real treat cause you get that stepping back in time a repo doesn’t fully give you. Included in mine was a wholesale price list, order forms and still inside a envelope to mail it in. The owner may have ordered a airgun cause inside was a target with what had to be small Airgun pellet holes. Fun looking at the ads. I bought the 1934 because I have two Stoeger guns in this book: the Webley Senior and the Tell 2 Pistol. Included a page on the air rifles, yes a Webley Service was available but the rifle they deemed as the “finest money can buy” was the Diana 58 (though they never called it that). It was $70 at the time, put into a inflation calculator that would be $1300 today. Can’t image they sold that many in the heart of the Depression!

https://imgur.com/gallery/aSFmV4o

That is interesting.

The Diana 58 (2e series) you are referring to , what do you think a second hand one would cost today? ( IF you can find one)
    Or even what would the price be of one made new today ?

---------------------
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frakor View Post
    That is interesting.

The Diana 58 (2e series) you are referring to , what do you think a second hand one would cost today? ( IF you can find one)
    Or even what would the price be of one made new today ?

---------------------
    Frank
    Funny I never looked but the current blue book price of that 58 is $1300

That's a great find. Especially like the Stoegers business card.

When first starting out on my little project, the main target was Stoegers catalogs. The real prize being the 1939 catalog which introduced things like the Brown Pneumatic. Eventually found every year up until they basically dropped airguns sometime in the '60s I think. These were so cheap back in the day that I thought nothing of cutting out the airgun pages and safely storing them in archival top load folders... tossed the rest away in the trash. Spent many a happy hour thumbing through 30-some years of airgun innovation.

Fascinating to see Stoegers

repeat the claim that the first series Webley Service was accurate out to 80 yards!

Quote Originally Posted by cinedux View Post
    repeat the claim that the first series Webley Service was accurate out to 80 yards!
    It probably was accurate in perfectly still conditions and as long as you had the 3(?) inches of holdover in exactly the same position.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.