Thread: Help with Theoben ID, Spares and value

Help with Theoben ID, Spares and value

Hi,

Got this today on sale or return and could do with some help.

Question 1 - Does anyone know what model it is? I have never played with Theoben air rifles before and does not seem to be much info on model identification. I am guessing that it is an evolution. It has HE System .22 stamped on it and a serial number of 12681. The guy who owns it thinks it is an early 90s rifle. Does anyone have any idea regarding value of this rifle?

Question 2 - The cocking button is a total mess. Looks like they are pressed into the cocking linkage. Does anyone know where and if I can buy a replacement? It is unusable in this state.

https://i.imgur.com/K9I5LFM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Cz95uAY.jpg

Many thanks

Andy

It looks like a Fenman in a non-standard CS700 stock.

The cocking foot is no longer available so unless he can find someone breaking a gun it's going to be difficult to sort out.

The cocking lug have to be made its a simple part to make and should not cost no more than £15,

Dave.

As said, an early Fenman in a CS800 stock. Cocking buttons are still available from John Knibbs I believe. In excellent working condition with good bluing around £400-£450. Cocking button is not difficult to change, but I suspect a potential buyer would want to make sure everything is good before parting with the top estimate. Close up pics would give us a better idea of true value. Silencer looks very poor in the pic, and I can't quite make out what's going on with the trigger.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    As said, an early Fenman in a CS800 stock. Cocking buttons are still available from John Knibbs I believe. In excellent working condition with good bluing around £400-£450. Cocking button is not difficult to change, but I suspect a potential buyer would want to make sure everything is good before parting with the top estimate. Close up pics would give us a better idea of true value. Silencer looks very poor in the pic, and I can't quite make out what's going on with the trigger.

John
    The stock and mechanism are not bolted together at the moment. I have the trigger guard etc. I just put the two halves together for the photo.

Are there drawings anywhere for the cocking button? Not sure if it should have a profile etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    The cocking lug have to be made its a simple part to make and should not cost no more than £15,

Dave.

Found drawing. Thanks for the help will make one at the weekend.

Many thanks folks.

I am assuming this is the Part.

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/...MTY2OQ==/?ref=

Regards

Andy

Yes its the one

Dave.