Thread: Pimping Castleton Air Rifle Club aka C.A.R.C (Not the FT one)

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?

Thumbs up Pimping Castleton Air Rifle Club aka C.A.R.C (Not the FT one)

We've experienced a dip in attendance just recently, so I'd like to remind the general public via the interwebs that we are still open for business!

COPY

Castleton Air Rifle Club (C.A.R.C) is situated just off the A48 between Cardiff and Newport, in the Village Hall at Castleton.

The club meets every Monday night at about 7.30pm (but we start setting up about 7-ish).

This Mondays only club is not open is on bank holidays.

Although the club is run as a non-profit making venture, there is a small "subs" charge made, to cover the cost of hiring the hall, buy targets etc.

The range is indoors, so bad weather is not an issue.

There are 9 shooting positions, to allow You to fire at knockdown targets, paper targets, tin cans, empty shotgun cartridges etc (These positions are run on a rotational basis when the club is busy).

It is all very informal, although safety is given paramount attention at all times.

The emphasis is on fun, rather than competition, though we do hold fun competitions with a running Deer target from time to time. It is on a knockout basis, and cash prizes are awarded to both the overall winner, and the highest score of the night.......great fun!!

The shooting is only part of the benefit of the club though, as we sell discounted pellets, Co2, cleaning kits, gun cases, oils and silicone cloths, targets, etc etc in the tea break.

Tea, coffee, cold cans, sweets and biscuits are available too.

We also hold raffles a few times a year, with prizes of Rifles, pistols, scopes, gun cases or whatever.....well worth winning!!!!

Along with all the aforementioned, the best aspect of the club is the social side of it.

It is great to be amongst other shooters with similar interests, and the knowledge and advice that is gladly given is priceless.

If You are needing a spare part, then there is a good chance that someone will have one buried away somewhere.

Even shooting permissions are shared between club members....like I said, the benefits of attending the club are many-fold.

Although it is called a Rifle club, pistols are welcome too.

In-fact, any airgun is allowed, as long as it conforms to the sub 12ftlb law for rifles, and the sub 6ftlbs law for pistols. A chrono is available for power testing.

The only airguns that are not allowed are BB guns, due to the danger of ricochets.

So, if You are at a loose end on a Monday night, and fancy coming along, then You will be made more than welcome.

Edited August 26, 2010 by Gambo
    PASTA
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***

Hi,

I've just recently joined Castletonn HTC for a bit of rifle work, hadn't heard about this one until now. I might pop along in a few weeks (am away next Monday, so would be 14th after the b/h). Am I ok just to tip up at 7ish?

Gavin

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?
    Quote Originally Posted by gavinfdavies View Post
    Hi,

I've just recently joined Castletonn HTC for a bit of rifle work, hadn't heard about this one until now. I might pop along in a few weeks (am away next Monday, so would be 14th after the b/h). Am I ok just to tip up at 7ish?

Gavin
    Yes, that should be fine. The chaps who run the show will take you through health and safety guidelines and it's £3.50 per visit for non members. After 4 successive visits and joining it costs a mere £1.75 per visit.
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***