Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone own / shot Hatsan .25 springers?

Anyone own / shot Hatsan .25 springers?

If so, I'd welcome your opinions on cycle and accuracy. I've got a .25 sized itch I want to scratch and have shied away from converting one of my HW's because they shoot so well in their current calibres, so an alternative is being sought. I've had a soft spot for the Mod 55's and fancy the match up of Quattro trigger and .25 bore.

Thanks in advance.

Had a Hatsan .25 for a while don't shoot it much but find it's as good anything in it's price range,when showing it to a friend he remarked how light it was compared to other rifles he had tried.To be honest I hadn't noticed the weight before but find the weight a real bonus if out on a shoot,the power is up there with the others I have.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I had one, can't remember what it was called but it was a grey synthetic stock with orange bits in it. I bought it nearly new and didn't keep it long.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    I've got a Hatsan Striker in .25 (probably what Dave had except mines a wood stock)

It's a bit shit.

Can't sell it in all conscience, so I'm going to scavenge the barrel for other projects.

If I were you I'd source a HW in .25 from our German friends.
    Good deals with these members

I had a Hatsan striker in .25 & loved it apart from the trigger which was a bit poor...OK it's rubbish compared to decent rifles, but then you get what you pay for.
    They make several models in .25 with the Quattro trigger.

eyebull, I'd take it knowing what I'd be getting

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I had a Hatsan striker in .25 & loved it apart from the trigger which was a bit poor...OK it's rubbish compared to decent rifles, but then you get what you pay for.
    They make several models in .25 with the Quattro trigger.

eyebull, I'd take it knowing what I'd be getting
    I'll keep that in mind mate. I could never get it to group satisfactorily, but then I only tried a couple of brands of pellets.

I'm not keen on selling guns that I don't think are 100%, and not really willing to sell the rifles that are 100%
    Good deals with these members

I've had one and sold it but regret selling it, no doubt with a bit of a tune up and the better quatro trigger it will do exactly what's expected of it, I currently have a bsa supersport in .25, but the barrel is too small for pellets and need sizing , still good fun when all is said and done

When I converted myself to 20 cal after 2 years of field testing, for springer hunting / vermin - all round use, (previously championing 177, which I still like for 177 in pcp with heavy pellets for hunting )

I then spent a couple of years on 25

I then sold all my 25 stuff

My experience was that for rats / close up stuff / feral pigeons etc etc 22 was better in every way than 25

I think 25 at UK FAC power is probably a good choice, however in my experience the loopy trajectory at sub 12ftlb and supposed strike energy advantage just didn't work as well as 22

I would prefer to set up a 22 with hollow points etc for close up stuff (which is what I did)

I think one of the mega experienced rat shooters on here agreed with this the last time this came up too - 25 can take too long to hit too -

To be honest with so many better choices in 22, it's pointless in UK unless on ticket.

The magazines as enthusiastic as ever for the gun trade (rightly so) do tend to stir up a bit of excitement about 25 now and then, but whatever you are thinking of it for, just set up a 22 for that purpose IMO -

Of course having a go with everything is part of the hobby and if that's your enjoyment go for it -

If it's for practical reasons though, and you haven't yet tried it - try 20 cal - that DOES work !!!!!!!!
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    If so, I'd welcome your opinions on cycle and accuracy. I've got a .25 sized itch I want to scratch and have shied away from converting one of my HW's because they shoot so well in their current calibres, so an alternative is being sought. I've had a soft spot for the Mod 55's and fancy the match up of Quattro trigger and .25 bore.

Thanks in advance.
    (Snigger!)
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Evening Mark, I had my SFS HW 80 .25 down at the last Bash and maybe Paul did too as I know he has an 80 Quarter Bore also !
    If you're not sorted by the time of the next Do in June, you're welcome to have a Blam with mine Sir !
    I have no knowledge of the Hatsan but I regard my sub 12 80 as one of my favourite fun shooters and I get a huge amount of pleasure from it although its not used for hunting.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Evening Mark, I had my SFS HW 80 .25 down at the last Bash and maybe Paul did too as I know he has an 80 Quarter Bore also !
    If you're not sorted by the time of the next Do in June, you're welcome to have a Blam with mine Sir !
    I have no knowledge of the Hatsan but I regard my sub 12 80 as one of my favourite fun shooters and I get a huge amount of pleasure from it although its not used for hunting.
    Most generous offer, thank you. I tried Paul's at the last bash, which got me thinking a bit more seriously about a quarter bore.

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    I'll keep that in mind mate. I could never get it to group satisfactorily, but then I only tried a couple of brands of pellets.

I'm not keen on selling guns that I don't think are 100%, and not really willing to sell the rifles that are 100%
    Try marksman, my old one loved them.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Most generous offer, thank you. I tried Paul's at the last bash, which got me thinking a bit more seriously about a quarter bore.
    Maybe have a try of Blackrider (John’s) at The June Bash Mark as my lefty isn’t the best to feel comfortable with when your a righty. Definitely get a .25 though mate. They give spinners a good old shake and you can’t beat a quarter slug for smashing random household stuff down range
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

i own the striker in .25 cal and a hw80 in .25, the striker is ok but the hw80 is of course
    in a different class with the rekord trigger ,its a pleasure to shoot.
    atb brian

I've owned a hatsan model 70 in .25, for over a year, black synthetic stock and Quattro trigger, very accurate with jsb, £90 brand new, special order from Edgar brothers took 6months to arrive!! Built like a tank and only needed a polish, lube and piston liner to make it very smooth to cock and fire.