Thread: Air arms/Sussex armoury BORA?

Air arms/Sussex armoury BORA?

I had a rifle for sale previously which I thought was a Sussex armoury Woodsman or Woodstock, now the Jackals lair site is back up it seems more like an air arms Bora though the barrel is stamped Sussex armoury. The rifle however is a couple of inches longer than stated on the Jackals lair so what would informed opinion be, it’s a transitional rifle between the two as suggested originally by Mr Gen or somebody has put different metalwork on the bora stock.
    The only identifying marks are as said Sussex Armoury Hailsham England on the barrel and on the fore end of the metal a possible serial number of either 14 20 or 14120. (No other markings anywhere I can see)
    I have sent this info to the email on the Jackals lair site a couple of times with photos but as yet no reply has anyone had any replies from this site or are aware of why replies aren’t forthcoming?

Thumbs up

Hi bullnose

It's me that was chatting with you about it on the other site, if I manage to find that ID'ing pic with all the various mods, i'll pm it to you through here

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Seeing as the jackel models all have different length barrels and they allhave the same screw in barrel arrangement could someone have changed the barrel? My jackel has a very long barrel. Where my khamsin has a barrel a few inches shorter.

If Air Arms did indeed use some of the Sussex Armoury stamped cylinders they would have been used on the very early models whereas the Bora was not launched until 1985 so it can't be a true Bora or one of the rumoured transitional rifles.

Maybe you have an old Sussex Armoury action that has been put in a modified Bora stock?
    Last edited by Rotherham Owl; 26-04-2018 at 05:42 AM.

imorik is offline I stick my head out and take it on the chin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotherham Owl View Post
    If Air Arms did indeed use some of the Sussex Armoury stamped cylinders they would have been used on the very early models whereas the Bora was not launched until 1995 so it can't be a true Bora or one of the rumoured transitional rifles.

Maybe you have an old Sussex Armoury action that has been put in a modified Bora stock?
    Not sure of actual date but it was launched way before 1995. I bought one new and pretty sure it was in the mid eighties.
    AA TX200 MK2 .177, MK3 Barrel, long stroked & shortened T/P
    AA TX200 MK3 HC .177, 22mm internals, shortened T/P
    http://www.anstonftc.co.uk/

Whoops! I meant 1985.

Latest opinion ... thoughts

Been in contact with a guy on email and he thought from the pics it might be an NSP engineering model before they decided on the air arms name and that it might be a transition Supra using Sussex Armoury parts from early 1983 with possibly an air arms front sight and recoil pad added later. He has made me a good offer for it, if this is correct what would the valuation be?

Sounds like a Bin End rifle from the take over.

I have 2 very plain wood stocked models. One is .22 with a carbine barrel and Jackal in the scope rails. The other is a good bit longer and .177, but it has Air Arms between the rails. No open sights on either and Air Arms says the serial#'s are from before they ran the company. This seems strange with Air Arms plainly stamped on the one at least.

Air arms pre 20000

Quote Originally Posted by FPoole View Post
    I have 2 very plain wood stocked models. One is .22 with a carbine barrel and Jackal in the scope rails. The other is a good bit longer and .177, but it has Air Arms between the rails. No open sights on either and Air Arms says the serial#'s are from before they ran the company. This seems strange with Air Arms plainly stamped on the one at least.
    Guy I was talking to said air arms had no information on air rifles with a serial number less than 20000.

Turns out it was a

Collector guy has been turns out it was a rapide made in the period between Sussex armoury and Air Arms transition when NSP hadn’t decided on name and weren’t stamping the cylinders. Now sold.