Thread: Bsa Mk2 Airsporter

Bsa Mk2 Airsporter

Hello all. Iv just joined, thanks for adding me.
    Iv a few probs as a newbie with some old bsa rifles.
    Firstly i thought id bought a decent mk2 bsa airsporter serial number GD. However, previous owner has drilled 4 holes into the trigger block, 2 have been filled an two left threaded, mustve been for a peep sight? Are the holes easy to fill? Also the thread on the trigger block is loose, once in the compression chamber it over tightens past where it should stop normally, is there a way of making it fit snug?? Ptfe tape maybe?? Also the threaded cup where the piston catch goes through is loose, can this be tightened with a large flat head screwdriver?? Apart from a manky leather washer an gunky piston head its all there, minus a trigger spring which has snapped. I bought it as it has the original front sight hood, and the other two mk2 airsporters i have are missing them.
    I have also managed to aquire a 22 goldstar underlever and a 22 superstar..... Are there any stripping guides to these so i can replace seals?? Iv heard the scope rail is a pigs ear to get off?? Has anyone had success?? Also the cocking lever release system on the superstar is a bit ropey, an im not sure how to get it off?? Iv spare parts from knibbs to replace iffy parts. Also one last thing, any tips on getting the new leather washer and plastic seal onto the head of the mk2 piston head.
    Many thanks.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi and welcome to the BBS, sorry l can't help you with how to repair your Airsporter. but l am sure someone on here will be able to help you with some advice.

Bsa goldstar 22 underlever

Hi, thanks for reply.
    On trawling the threads iv found numerous helpful hints an tips, especially on removing scope rails from superstars and goldstars. Im going to be brave, and do a full pic strip guide on goldstar. Luckily i have two so if i bugger it up iv still got one. Im also going to sell the dodgy sporter as spares an repair, but keep front sight hood as the only other i saw was for sale at £50.......i can copy the one i have an make another... Easy.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerThomas View Post
    Also the thread on the trigger block is loose, once in the compression chamber it over tightens past where it should stop normally, is there a way of making it fit snug?? Ptfe tape maybe?? Also the threaded cup where the piston catch goes through is loose, can this be tightened with a large flat head screwdriver??
    Both these problems are related.

Rather than try to explain things on here I suggest you unscrew the hollow bolt with the screwdriver slot in it and remove the threaded cup --- all will then become clear to you and you'll be able to cure both problems in one go.

Any problems just give us a shout.

All the best Mick