View Poll Results: Which Rowan he trigger do you prefer? Please comment why in the thread

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Set back curved

8 44.44%
  • Set back straight

3 16.67%
  • Extra set back (also curved)

7 38.89%

Thread: Set back, set back straight or extra set back....? What's the consensus?

Set back, set back straight or extra set back....? What's the consensus?

Hi all.... Yes yes yes... Me with my 77 again!! Lol..
    Different question this time.. But as I'm having it apart I thought I might buy a set back trigger to comfortize the feel of the gun . So what's the consensus on the rowan set back trigger blades? I'm really not dead cirtan which one to buy. I quite like the look of the straight set back but wonder if the curved set back is more like the original (which I find the feel of & the shape fine) but just closer to the grip. I've kind of ruled out the extra set back trigger already as I don't think I want that, but I'd like your thoughts on it anyway.

Thanks all
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    First to vote Rhys and its the Xtra set back for me !
    I have one on a TX200SR which I like and I'm having one fitted to a very special HW97 which you are well informed of currently in the custody of a very well know airgun tuner !
    “An airgun or two”………

The straight for me - simple preference, I like a straight blade...

I don't have long fingers or big hands so I found the stretch to the trigger on my 77 to be an unnatural position.
    As a result of this I bought the extra sat back trigger from Rowan Engineering and it fits me perfectly, my trigger finger now sits in a perfectly natural place.

Rowan extra set back works well on a HW.

Don't decide because you 'like the look of'. Decide because of which fits you best and suits your purpose.

I preferred the straight blade on my target 77's. The curved blades, especially the extra set back ones, tend to have quite a curve to them and that limits the trigger finger to sitting in the middle of that curve. If you use a straight blade then it gives more options re vertical position for the trigger finger contact. You can also use the trigger finger on the straight blades very low if that position suits, and that gives the effect of a lighter release ( longer levers ).

Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
    Don't decide because you 'like the look of'. Decide because of which fits you best and suits your purpose.

I preferred the straight blade on my target 77's. The curved blades, especially the extra set back ones, tend to have quite a curve to them and that limits the trigger finger to sitting in the middle of that curve. If you use a straight blade then it gives more options re vertical position for the trigger finger contact. You can also use the trigger finger on the straight blades very low if that position suits, and that gives the effect of a lighter release ( longer levers ).
    this is one of the reasons I'm looking at the straight trigger.., I'm not keen on the idea of the trigger being so curved it is limiting my manipulation of it.
    thanks for the input
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Can we have a "depends on the stock design, especially the thickness and shape of the pistol grip (and your hand size and shape)", option? Because that is the correct answer. What works for you works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Can we have a "depends on the stock design, especially the thickness and shape of the pistol grip (and your hand size and shape)", option? Because that is the correct answer. What works for you works for you.
    "Alright Geezer"
    Sorry, I couldn't resist, having been in Portsmouth dockyard for an extended stretch it's a classic STD term
    As for options..
    Well yes I suppose but that is the bit I'd like to hear about because the information you give is what will help me make the most educated guess on which I'd like to buy, after You lot have said things like "this generally works with this stock" " that generally works with that grip" or "I've got short fingers & this stock" etc etc..
    I realize that there is no right answer I'd just like to hear your answer and the reasons why so I deduce better what I need
    Thanks Rhys

I like the Rowan Extra Setback blade but the CS800 makes it feel like it's too far back I think. I may have been better off with a regular Setback but it's done now and it's not unusable.

extra setback for standard stock. Setback for CS
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Hi all.... Yes yes yes... Me with my 77 again!! Lol..
    Different question this time.. But as I'm having it apart I thought I might buy a set back trigger to comfortize the feel of the gun . So what's the consensus on the rowan set back trigger blades? I'm really not dead cirtan which one to buy. I quite like the look of the straight set back but wonder if the curved set back is more like the original (which I find the feel of & the shape fine) but just closer to the grip. I've kind of ruled out the extra set back trigger already as I don't think I want that, but I'd like your thoughts on it anyway.

Thanks all
    Rhys
    Depends on your mitt and the grip!!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Depends on your mitt and the grip!!
    I'm edging on to a "set back straight" as I find the std trigger useable but would like it a bit closer.. I also like the idea of being able to choose my finger position a little more. I think though its a shame they don't make the fully adjustable jobby for these rifle as I love the one on my huntsman..