Thread: Old mk1 hw50 valuation

Old mk1 hw50 valuation

Hi just wanted a rough price for a old hw50 , Stock is all good as in no deep scratches or splits and is in original Finnish, The bluing of action is rather reddish all over, No deep corrosion just gun looks it's age, New spring been put in and I think it could benefit from a piston washer, nylon one fitted but has been in there for some time, no open sights, All screws and fixings are in good order and don't look like they have been attacked much in their life, just a rough price please,

£60 to £70 in the condition described, I'd guess?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    £60 to £70 in the condition described, I'd guess?
    Ok thanks very much , I did think about £70 myself, Thanks for your reply.

Hw50

Think Tony isn't far off the mark. Paid £120 for a 22 cal and £150 for a .177 both super condition and with scopes and original open sights. Great rifle at a bargain price. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Think Tony isn't far off the mark. Paid £120 for a 22 cal and £150 for a .177 both super condition and with scopes and original open sights. Great rifle at a bargain price. Mach 1.5
    Yes as above, I bought it with some crossbows but action has lost it's bluing, Problem with picking up cheap old ones is by the time you put money into them it would work out cheaper to buy a more expensive nice one, Lots seem to break them on the auction site but I don't like seeing complete guns broken for parts,

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I would say that it is worth more than that, about £100. There are very few of these old school screw-in back block rifles around, and they are really nice rifles. I paid £160 for an OK one a while back, but that was after looking for months. Someone who wanted a winter fixer-upper to spend some coin on making a special rifle would consider £100 a good investment in the basic material. They don't make them like that any more and yours is scruffy, not damaged. A RichardH reblue, some internal TLC and a home stock finish would make a rifle that would make HW99S owners very jealous. The Perfekt trigger can be swapped out for a Rekord.

It was old Mr Weihrauch's favorite rifle, the right weight, power and accuracy for any kind of shooting a chap might want to do.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 25-04-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Frankly I would say anything under £100 would be too cheap.

Hw50 mk1.

Keep it and restore it. Mr HW don't make them like that anymore. I think Mr Weihrauch favourite was the HW50S which is a super little rifle and not to be confused with the modern version they make today. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 26-04-2018 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post

It was old Mr Weihrauch's favorite rifle, the right weight, power and accuracy for any kind of shooting a chap might want to do.
    Keep it and restore it. Mr HW don't make them like that anymore. I think Mr Weihrauch favourite was the HW50S which is a super little rifle and not to be confused with the modern version they make today. Mach 1.4
    Yes and yes, chaps.

I managed to get a very, very tidy one last year for £140 (I seem to remember), courtesy of oldskoolzz (thank you, Nick).

Lovely little thing. A little twangy and I've just not had time to have a play yet.

What's with the Mach 1.4, Paul? A new, even rarer Dave and Ivan special? Or a slip of the finger?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Keep it and restore it. Mr HW don't make them like that anymore. I think Mr Weihrauch favourite was the HW50S which is a super little rifle and not to be confused with the modern version they make today. Mach 1.4
    Aye it's nice little gun, Its exactly like my old 35 but smaller,

Hw50

MACH 1.4. Slip of the finger. Yes Dave and Ivan tuned the HW50 back in the day. Mach 1.5

MACH 1.4. Slip of the finger. Yes Dave and Ivan tuned the HW50 back in the day. Mach 1.5
    Thought as much.