Thread: BSA Superstar Piston -Question please.

BSA Superstar Piston -Question please.

Does the hefty Superstar piston rely on the soft alloy Maxi-Scope rail tangs to prevent rotation? If so, it seems to work. Anyone had a problem with this arrangement?

The Maxi-Scope was the most difficult ever to remove on this recent one I purchased and working on. As for the trigger, a bloody fiddly design that was a bit of a pain to strip and rebuild, the "V" spring was in upside down and bent......and a hefty OX spring was binned. I have a original HW77 spring that looks like it will do the job and will not be coil bound, but, I will make a tighter fitting guide - anyone used HW77 spring that was a success and did the spring need any work?

Al the best.....

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    If you mean by piston rotation as in the rotating pistons fitted to rifles like the TX200/Prosport and LGV/U then no they are not designed to rotate, it will be the maxigrip and the cocking shoe stopping it from rotating.

As for the spring, it may work, if it fits in the piston then it should be ok as for power then you can only tell after it's been fitted and chronoed, it's just trial and error I'm afraid.

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 25-04-2018 at 06:27 PM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    nah, cocking shoe stops rotation as stated above
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thanks for your replies members....

Sorry, I should have been more clear on the piston! I appreciate it is not meant to rotate. Without a piston cocking slot to engage with the cocking arm/linkage in a more positive way, I thought the alloy Maxi-Scope tangs would take a bit of a hammering and wear. Looks like it is up to the job then.....

Kind regards to all....

Hell, so many sexy mature women appear to be interested in this airgun forum and us......