Thread: SMK 208 Owners thoughts please?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

SMK 208 Owners thoughts please?

Hi Chaps,

I was wodering what people thought of the SMK 208? What rifle is it based on please and what do any owners think of it? Also do they make this in .177?

There is a WH 99 second hand for sale at he same shop but in .22 and I just fancy a change of calibre....

Any suggestions welcome

They are a copy of a Diana 34 with a to5 trigger the Remington express has the same barrel/breech arrangement but a copy of the he rekord trigger much better in my opinion

Thanks Matt I will have a read about the Remington

No problem and they really are a better platform due to the trigger been a load better.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    They are a good copy of the Diana 34 but the build quality and materials are not the best, I had one in .177 but the piston centre rod came loose (just like some of the proper Diana's have recently) which meant it wouldn't cock properly, the triggers aren't the best either, I'd recommend you looking at either the Remington Express or the 99 you mentioned.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Thanks Pete, looks like one to avoid if anything

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    ....I'd recommend you looking at the 99 you mentioned.

Pete
    Nice one, Pete.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Hi Chaps,

I was wodering what people thought of the SMK 208? What rifle is it based on please and what do any owners think of it? Also do they make this in .177?

There is a WH 99 second hand for sale at he same shop but in .22 and I just fancy a change of calibre....

Any suggestions welcome
    The Diana 31/34 T0-5 copies have always been one of the best Chinese rifles from what I've seen of them -

The later HW 95 trigger copy guns had trigger probs , early ones better, that may have changed again

Each batch of Chinese rifles vary imo -

I know the trade price was about 50 quid plus vat , so base it on what you are paying , dealers make more from a cheap chinese rifle than an HW for sure -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34