Thread: BSA Airsporter RB2 Valuation

BSA Airsporter RB2 Valuation

Gents,
    What is the going rate for an excellent condition full length BSA Airsporter RB2 in .177 calibre. Rifle is complete with open sights including hood and rubber plug in pistol grip. Only marks on the rifle are a minor paint chip at the very back of the block about 3mm x 0.5mm and two small minor scratches to the stock, one very close to the nose on the rhs and one under the pistol grip. Rest of the gun is as close to mint as you can get. As far as I am aware it has never been stripped and shoots ok although seems a little harsh compared to some modern guns. Just chrono'd at 11.2 ftlbs with RWS Superdomes

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I'm thinking around £250, maybe a bit more if someone is keen.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I'd say between £200-250, I've just paid £300 for a RB2 carbine in .22 but that was from a shop, which you'd expect to pay more for, as yours is a .177 which is a bit harder to find then you can add a bit more because of that.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Gents,
    What is the going rate for an excellent condition full length BSA Airsporter RB2 in .177 calibre. Rifle is complete with open sights including hood and rubber plug in pistol grip. Only marks on the rifle are a minor paint chip at the very back of the block about 3mm x 0.5mm and two small minor scratches to the stock, one very close to the nose on the rhs and one under the pistol grip. Rest of the gun is as close to mint as you can get. As far as I am aware it has never been stripped and shoots ok although seems a little harsh compared to some modern guns. Just chrono'd at 11.2 ftlbs with RWS Superdomes
    All the older ones seem harsh to modern guns ken. My khamsin/jackel/tracker all seem harsh compared to my untouched tx200. Thats just the way it was back then. But thats also part of the attraction of older guns to me. They are harder to master and and more of a challenge to shoot. I got rid of a load of my pcp's and collecting more 70/80/90 springers.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    All the older ones seem harsh to modern guns ken. My khamsin/jackel/tracker all seem harsh compared to my untouched tx200. Thats just the way it was back then. But thats also part of the attraction of older guns to me. They are harder to master and and more of a challenge to shoot. I got rid of a load of my pcp's and collecting more 70/80/90 springers.
    Yeah I know what you mean about the attraction of the older springers Wilba. Started buying one or two examples quite a few years ago, went a bit OTT and ended up with over 40. I think maybe now the time has come to offload a few

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean about the attraction of the older springers Wilba. Started buying one or two examples quite a few years ago, went a bit OTT and ended up with over 40. I think maybe now the time has come to offload a few
    I know the feeling. I sold a good few of my guns lately. But ended up buying more