All the below is to my eyes as scopes are very personal.

In my experience you don't necessarily get more depth of field just because a scope is top end or expensive, I believe depth is more a physical function of lens size and layout, now how much detail you get within that depth and the points at which the depth comes in and out are crisp of fuzzy that in my experience does change with quality.

I have had March scopes 3-24x42 FFP, 2.5-25x42 SFP and the on paper ultimate HFT scope the 1-10x24...none were to my eyes quite right for HFT, the FFP ret was too thick, the SFP 42mm objective had without a doubt the best resolution/detail of any scope I have ever owned but suffered terribly with parallax error and the 24mm objective scope was just awful, milky and difficult to focus at 10x, my feeling is that scope is aimed at CQB type competition and as such would be better at lower magnification.

Interestingly the 24mm scope from March I believe is the only one they sell without ED lenses, I do feel March try to do too much within each scope model so they sometimes become a jack of...

I believe Nightforce make the best top end HFT scopes, I have had the 2.5-10x42, the 2.5-10x32 and my current scope which I love to bits the 2.5-10x24.....its the only bit of kit I have ever owned that seems to have "bought points"...however all the other components, mainly me, still limits my scores.

Problem with NF is cost, availability and the need to reparallax them yourself.