Thread: The Best High End HFT Scope ?

The Best High End HFT Scope ?

What do you consider in your opinion to be the best High end HFT scope . gotta be capable of getting low to the scope . with a top whack of 36 mag and going down to 10 yards . cheers HOLLY
    " BE YOURSELF , EVERYBODY ELSE IS TAKEN "

I don't think you'll get many replies if you are after 36x mag, most HFT shooters won't buy a scope that goes that high so won't have any first hand experience.

Why do you need such high magnification?

Yes you seem to be confused as the rules (generally, or at least every version I've shot) don't allow for high magnification on HFT, it's not what you would want anyway, are you mixing FT with HFT?
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

36 mil objective lens

My bad i should have said 36 mil objective lens . in order to get the scope down as close to the barrel as poss ??? HOLLY

PS 32 maybe .
    " BE YOURSELF , EVERYBODY ELSE IS TAKEN "

That makes sense. I used to shoot with a Leup Mk4 3-9x36, TMR very good, also had the mildot. As I shoot SWEFTA now which goes out to 55yds I decided the fixed parallex of the 36 wasn't going to be great for 50-55 yard targets so I sold them off and kept my other 3-10x40 mk4 TMR which can adjust the parallex (before sighting as per the rules) Trouble is now I find I don't do that anyway and just use the blur as I did before.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

vortex viper pst 2-10x32 are up there and will suit your needs and budget
    BSA SUPERSPORT V-mach .22
    RAW hm1000x 177
    Steyr challenge hft 177 SYWELL FT CLUB

Ah that makes more sense now.
    The problem with throwing money at a scope for HFT is that you might end up making it harder for yourself. Buying the absolute best might mean everything from 10 to 40 yards is perfectly clear, and you lose one of the main range finding methods (parallax/scope blur)

The MTC viper connect 3-12x32 has a good following. Or a little Leupold if you can find one. I'm sure both of those have been used to win championships. Maybe a March if you want to go really high end, but then you might end up with that amazing depth of field and harder range finding

I don't know if this scope can be called 'high end', but I do know that it is mighty popular with East European HFT shooters. It is the Burris Timberline 4,5-14x32. As big as the market it has in the Chech republic, Slovakia and Poland, the lack of any market there is in Britain and The Netherlands. I cannot understand why the Brits and Dutchies haven't picked up on this.

Just look at the number of entries using this scope for the upcoming WC event in Choltice in August.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=659070504

There are over 30 people using this scope.

Tried most...

All the below is to my eyes as scopes are very personal.

In my experience you don't necessarily get more depth of field just because a scope is top end or expensive, I believe depth is more a physical function of lens size and layout, now how much detail you get within that depth and the points at which the depth comes in and out are crisp of fuzzy that in my experience does change with quality.

I have had March scopes 3-24x42 FFP, 2.5-25x42 SFP and the on paper ultimate HFT scope the 1-10x24...none were to my eyes quite right for HFT, the FFP ret was too thick, the SFP 42mm objective had without a doubt the best resolution/detail of any scope I have ever owned but suffered terribly with parallax error and the 24mm objective scope was just awful, milky and difficult to focus at 10x, my feeling is that scope is aimed at CQB type competition and as such would be better at lower magnification.

Interestingly the 24mm scope from March I believe is the only one they sell without ED lenses, I do feel March try to do too much within each scope model so they sometimes become a jack of...

I believe Nightforce make the best top end HFT scopes, I have had the 2.5-10x42, the 2.5-10x32 and my current scope which I love to bits the 2.5-10x24.....its the only bit of kit I have ever owned that seems to have "bought points"...however all the other components, mainly me, still limits my scores.

Problem with NF is cost, availability and the need to reparallax them yourself.
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Have a look at the MARCH 1x-8x24 FFP scope with FMC-2 reticule and optional 6 stage illumination module.
    I have one on a lever action rifle used for gallery rifle competition and the scope struck me as pretty much perfect for HFT.
    http://www.marchscopes.co.uk/1x-8x24-ffp.html

Kev.