Thread: HW80k

HW80k

Today I acquired a HW80K. In .22 .
    From the serial number I think it's from 1987 ,would this make it a MK2 ?
    The barrel seems to have been shortened even further and sports a type of silencer / barrel weight
    It shoots fine and the blueing is pretty good .
    I know the best pellet is the one it likes the best etc but is there a general favourite ?
    I've tried some AA field and some Superdomes .

Sounds like it'll be the MkII? Does it have a more rounded forend, like the new guns? The MKI had a very angular forend.

The Air Arms Fields and Superdomes are always pellets that I'd be putting on the testing list. Also well worth trying the H&N FTT and Falcon Accuracy Plus.

Although I haven't tried them myself yet, the Weihrauch branded H&N and JSB made pellets seem to be gaining a very strong following.

And the H&N Sniper Light could also be well worth a try. Again, I've not tried them.

And that old stalwart, the trusty RWS Hobby, always seems to work very well in these at closer range.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Yeah if it's a 1987 it will be a MkII, my first HW80 I bought new in 1986 and used it for 23 years for bashing vermin. The HW80Ks i have now I bought new in 2008, full monty tune by Dave Hall with Webley silencer and is still as silky as a peach. I just love em.
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

FTT 5.53
    Superdome
    HW FTT (5.50)
    Crosman Ultra Mag

If you don’t mind heavy AA / JSB
    If you don’t mind light Falcon / JSB RS
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Try some JSB Jumbo RS...

As Tony has mentioned AA fields and RWS superfield/domes all work in my 80 well.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Superdomes are the good old been around for ever universal pellet that seem to work in anything. I use Bisley Superfields or main diet is Superdomes in mine but have always used and rated the Superdome.
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Many thanks for the replies .