Thread: HW100 pellet ???

HW100 pellet ???

I have a carbine hw100 .22 barrel thats been machined to fit a rapid, so a bit of pellet testing is on the horizon.

Any pellets / sizes that seem to work regularly well through these or any that should be on my list of samples ?

Thanks

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I always try Exacts first in any new rifle I get.
    Master Debater

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    My HW100 carbine in .22 likes H&N Field Target Trophy’s. I had tried others before I settled on those being the most accurate for mine.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    I have a carbine hw100 .22 barrel thats been machined to fit a rapid, so a bit of pellet testing is on the horizon.

Any pellets / sizes that seem to work regularly well through these or any that should be on my list of samples ?

Thanks

Chris
    Hull Cartridge state that Weihrauch barrels are finished to 5.51 mm and you should therefore use 5.51 mm pellets.
    Weihrauch market their F&T Special which are a 5.51 version of the H&N FTT and their FT Exact Jumbo which are a 5.51 version of the JSB Exact Jumbo.
    I have found them both to be very good in my HW77 and HW100S 0.22" rifles. They fly faster than the tighter pellets and their accuracy is superb.
    They are sold in tins of 200 for the H&N and 250 for the JSB so cheap enough to thoroughly evaluate.
    The JSB version does come in several die numbers so it is important to find the one that best suits your barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    My HW100 carbine in .22 likes H&N Field Target Trophy’s. I had tried others before I settled on those being the most accurate for mine.
    This , although i found the JSB's pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubashot View Post
    Hull Cartridge state that Weihrauch barrels are finished to 5.51 mm and you should therefore use 5.51 mm pellets.
    Weihrauch market their F&T Special which are a 5.51 version of the H&N FTT and their FT Exact Jumbo which are a 5.51 version of the JSB Exact Jumbo.
    I have found them both to be very good in my HW77 and HW100S 0.22" rifles. They fly faster than the tighter pellets and their accuracy is superb.
    They are sold in tins of 200 for the H&N and 250 for the JSB so cheap enough to thoroughly evaluate.
    The JSB version does come in several die numbers so it is important to find the one that best suits your barrel.

I wouldn't believe the head size on tins of pellets....it's utter .
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    This , although i found the JSB's pretty good too.

I wouldn't believe the head size on tins of pellets....it's utter .
    I think that it has been generally established that the sizing relates to the manufacturing die rather than the individual pellets.

It's the same with the weights which are supposed to be an average weight for the pellets rather than a guaranteed figure for each and every pellet in the tin.

However, using the breech of my HW77 as a gauge, I definitely find the standard H&N FTT pellets in 5.53mm a tight fit compared to the 5.51mm Weihrauch F&T Special.
    The Weihrauchs are also significantly faster over the chrono too!

Ive seen a difference in groups with jsb exact 5.50 & 5.52 through this HW barrel with the .50 being slightly better but its still not great, Im going to try those HW's and a few more but Im struggling to find samples, it looks like a hit to the wallet and buy tins

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Don't know about the carbine but my .22 100S likes Accupell FT and Crosman Premier Ultra Magnums, both with oil applied.

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post

Thanks

Chris
    Almost impossible to answer till you shove it down and see a group. Head size variations. Metal constitution >>> lead Vs Antimony.....die number....length options for some pellets..... clean barrel...dirty barrel....somewhere in between.....lubed or dry. Washed and dried and individually weighd sized named and given a date of birth. Polished in the finest caviar from sturgeon in deepest darkest Russia....

So many variables.

Two consecutive barrels off a machine can be totally different for all of the above

Try the usual suspects like JSB RWS etc. but the proof of the pudding is in the squeezing of the trigger.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Well Ive got 20 samples on the way, plus a few tins here makes for a good days testing at the range later this week

Instead to see how this shapes up

Chris