Thread: chopping up an s200 stock For adjustable bits.

chopping up an s200 stock For adjustable bits.

I bought an s400 stock that had been modded with a cheek raiser ,butt plate length of pull adjuster and hamster .
    All good quality bits my intention is to fit them to my mk2 s200 .
    I got the gun very cheap its a bit battered but the intention is to make it possible for me to use it as an ocasional gun but hae it all set up and ready for when my son is old enough and big enough to go to hft with me .
    He is only 5 and very small for his age .

I am 6ft3" with a long neck his mum is 4ft 9 .

I Have found it's very common for people to fit adjustable butt plates to the s200 to make it feel like a bigger gun ,i have been doing that with the plate at max downward .

So raising the cheek piece could help here.

The other problem is the stock is very shallow so the hamster should help.

I need to do some measurments to see if fitting the length of pull plate will allow me to have it at least as short as it is now or maybe shorter but let me bring it out to be suitable for me to use as well

I Will be fitting a robert lane regulator and humma quick fill in the next few days as the shot count is not great at the moment ,it will give me a chance to get to know the guns insides as the transfer port needs drilling it's a .177.

I Will worry about weight ballence when al thats done ,the standard riffle is all wrong for me to do standers but the hamster might help sort that also i need to remember it will be for a not very strong child who would probably need the least weight possible .

Anybody else modded a gun for very young small shooters ?
    Scorpion. 177 hornet. 177 txhc. 177 s200. 177 97. 177 99.177 95. 22 80. 22 vulcan. 22 excorcet. 22
    Trying hard to keep it down to 10 rifles.

Done this several times and the S200 is a good platform to start with.

https://i.imgur.com/ZhxlPXm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/D9sewfs.jpg?2 and the hamster is not my handiwork!

It's also beneficial to do a little surgery between the grip and the trigger; there is a sharpish corner that gets in the way of small hands.

Personally I'm no fan of adjustable reach butt plates, they always seem to lack rigidity. I'd rather make fixed spacers like this one https://i.imgur.com/3yHOoti.jpg and change the spacers every year or so as the user grows.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

The target versions have an accessory rail let into the underside of the forestock. If you don't want to pay for Anschutz rail or for the AA spare part you can get suitable rail elsewhere, for example Axminster Tools stock one. About a tenner for 600mm length, enough for two or three rifles.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee