Thread: Walther LPM1

Walther LPM1

I got to try someone’s LPM1 SSP at the club the other day, lovely thing to shoot.
    Still prefer my FWB 100 though.

Does anyone know the dates when those long lever Single Stroke Pneumatic’s were first introduced?
    I know the FWB 100 was introduced in 1988 but was wondering about the Pardini P10, Walther LPM1 and the Baikal MP-46? (before the bigger MP-46m)

They’re all a very similar design and I’ve always wondered who came up with it first.

Cheers,
    Matt.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Lpm-1

Matt

Not sure on the start date of the LPM-1, but it did cross over with the Walther CP C02's, I had one of the first CP1's into the UK in 1982 but I only kept it for a year as superb as it was, I was getting refused to use it at open meetings as it was on FAC because it was powered by "noxious gas", and no end of letters from my local police firearms department would satisfy meeting organisers that it was OK to use on any air range!

After returning to my faithful FWB 65, and a period with a FAS 604, I went over to an LPM-1, I would think it must have been mid to late 80's? I shot it competitively for very many years, and still have it! I know they made them for a good while, certainly into the early 90's as they offered it as an option to the CP3.

They are a lovely pistol, I think better balanced than the FWB, better grip rake angle, and a better trigger when set up carefully. Only down side for me, a tad heavy, and a distinct knack to cock it, some can easily, others struggle.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

According to my "Walther a German Legend" book, Walther announced it at IWA in 1990.

It's mechanically similar to the Walther CPM-1 Co2 pistol and some parts such as a the trigger assembly are interchangeble.

Would really like to add one to my collection.

Cheers guys,
    Sounds like 1990 for the LPM1. (Unless anyone can pin down a definite earlier date?)
    I’m guessing the Biakal 46 was after that as it seems to be a very close but cheaper copy of the LPM1 but with the automatic breech opening of the FWB100.

Just found a review in 1983 airgun world of the Pardini Fiocchi, the predecessor of the P10.
    This looks like the earliest of the underlever SSP pistols but running at 400fps rather than the 490fps of the later SSP’s.

Would be interesting to know if the Pardini P10 was introduced earlier than the Feinwerkbau 100 as they look very similar?

I’ve read Walther introduced the LPM1 as he was annoyed at Feinwerkbau stealing his ideas, can anyone elaborate?

Cheers,

Matt.