Thread: rebuild of a 67 Sheridan

rebuild of a 67 Sheridan

I got the 67 Dan off Cliff and it duely arrived in jigsaw format ,I've rebuilt a fair few of these now so it didn't take long to assess what was ok and what was damaged
    I swapped out the exhaust body as it was chewed up and rebuilt the valve with the original seals and used a spare piston and cup
    it sealed after cocking first so valve spring is a bit weak but no issue as i'll be junking original hammer spring
    over night it had leaked out so I stripped out the valve and removed the lead seal cleaned the seal faces with a tool I made a while back and rebuilt using a 90 grade o ring a delrin valve stem with a Benjamin non return seal
    this sealed up fine and is now holding pressure
    the probe had had it's lug sheared off so this I center drilled and removed from the rear with a smaller tap and then fitted a spare I had that was a bit manky and I had to swage the hex smaller as it had rounded smaller than 1/8af , I also had to knock up a smaller inserting tool
    the next step was to make the piston adjustable,I should've made a new head that threaded on rather than cutting at the front and fitting a threaded block
    it looks rough but once I have reduced the diameter fitted a delrin outer and milled flats on it for a spanner I think It'll look better
    next stages are to make the internal spring adjuster so power can be set
    https://imgur.com/a/fHqMYjA

Keep the updates coming ped so I can pick your brains,atb Stu.

not much more to do Stu I made a rivet from a nail for the front trigger guard fixing
    i'll be using a crosman 2200 hammer spring with a adjustable preload adjuster that fit's in the trigger housing
    my biggest headache is the foresight as it had been snapped off and a huge bit of brass had been soldered on,the problem is it should slope to the rear for it to be as original and this slopes to the front
    it's going to be a bit of adlib unless I redo it but for the time being i'll trim it to as close as original (as I can determine) with a slight scallop out of the front
    https://imgur.com/qSxjeJE
    Last edited by --ped--; 28-04-2018 at 04:42 PM.

At least the dog looks comfortable,Stu.

he does but he's going to be a lot of work as he is a rescue and only had him a few weeks
    my old GSP had cancer and he lost his battle Friday before easter -it'll never be called good by me again and this lad came along needing a home so we took him in

Just "found" this thread.
    Very nice.
    Did you manage to sort the front sight?
    The middle one on this photo is very Crosman T&C-esque.

Perhaps you could make a system with a higher and a lower front sight blade?
    I guess there's not much space under the barrel to make it pivot around the barrel.
    Just a random idea... But I think it would look good, if restoring to original spec is not the main target.

Here is a photo from the BB Pelletier blog.
    Coolest front sight I've ever seen.

What power range do you get with your Blue Streak power adjuster btw?
    I followed your advice and got two 2200 hammer springs to experiment with.

I shaped it a bit better is all Louis
    with the adjustable piston and the light spring I get two shots at 600-603 with the heavy .20 pellets i never tried it at full strength or min as once set I lock them up tight but most of my pumpers live without the adjusters in just the springs