Thread: rebuild of a 67 Sheridan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    not much more to do Stu I made a rivet from a nail for the front trigger guard fixing
    i'll be using a crosman 2200 hammer spring with a adjustable preload adjuster that fit's in the trigger housing
    my biggest headache is the foresight as it had been snapped off and a huge bit of brass had been soldered on,the problem is it should slope to the rear for it to be as original and this slopes to the front
    it's going to be a bit of adlib unless I redo it but for the time being i'll trim it to as close as original (as I can determine) with a slight scallop out of the front
    https://imgur.com/qSxjeJE
    Last edited by --ped--; 28-04-2018 at 04:42 PM.

At least the dog looks comfortable,Stu.

he does but he's going to be a lot of work as he is a rescue and only had him a few weeks
    my old GSP had cancer and he lost his battle Friday before easter -it'll never be called good by me again and this lad came along needing a home so we took him in

Just "found" this thread.
    Very nice.
    Did you manage to sort the front sight?
    The middle one on this photo is very Crosman T&C-esque.

Perhaps you could make a system with a higher and a lower front sight blade?
    I guess there's not much space under the barrel to make it pivot around the barrel.
    Just a random idea... But I think it would look good, if restoring to original spec is not the main target.

Here is a photo from the BB Pelletier blog.
    Coolest front sight I've ever seen.

What power range do you get with your Blue Streak power adjuster btw?
    I followed your advice and got two 2200 hammer springs to experiment with.

I shaped it a bit better is all Louis
    with the adjustable piston and the light spring I get two shots at 600-603 with the heavy .20 pellets i never tried it at full strength or min as once set I lock them up tight but most of my pumpers live without the adjusters in just the springs