Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do I want an HW98 or a TX200HC...?

hw77!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    TX, or if you want a lighter break barrel, a 95 in a 98 stock with a short stroke. The 98 has a stupidly heavy barrel, to reduce the terrible flip you get from a std long stroked HW95 (they shoot lovely at their intended 16 FP, but are very jumpy when de-sprung to 11 FP - so short stroking is the proper solution here, not welding a drainpine to the thing). To be fair the HC also needs short stroking too. In fact the HW77 25mm is the only one that doesn't
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

It really is personal preference based on weight, feel, ergonomics etc.

And whether you prefer the easier loading of a break barrel (especially in .177).

I have 95s, 77s, 97s, a 98 and a TXHC. Love them all.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

tx every time

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    It's hard to compare a break barrel with a fixed barrel, that is just preference.

You can compare the 77/97, Umarex LGU and the TX these three are in competition, they can all shoot as accurately and as smooth as each other but when you compare them feature by feature and part by part the TX is the winner.

I do like the HW it just needs a ABT and perhaps a cocking shoe to protect the cocking link from cracking and wear.