Thread: 30mm picatinny mounts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

30mm picatinny mounts

Guys - which do I go for? I tried a set of quick release from (atom - not heard of them but read a couple of decent reviews and they do seem well made) but I've discovered that with anything more than a gentle tap, my poi shifts.

Ta

Dan

Buy British. All my mounts are Sportsmatch including both dovetail and Weaver/Picatinny and I have no problems whatsoever, they are not "cheap" but neither are they silly money. I have had shedloads of trouble with Hawke, Nikko, Atom, (inyoursights?), etc which are all made in the far east.

Cheers mate. I'll keep my eyes on the sales section

Dan

I've never had a set of lever-release ones hold their zero, tried a few different makes, cheap and expensive, always the same.

I'm having no problem with the set of thumbscrew-release ones I bought off from rifleworks, been knocking the gun around on purpose to see if they'll shift but they're holding up just fine.

https://www./itm/Medium-Profile-30mm...s/382041832624

I use mainly the Leupold qrw range and have never had an issue with zero at all! Bit pricy but they appear on here from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by YorkshireDave View Post
    I've never had a set of lever-release ones hold their zero, tried a few different makes, cheap and expensive, always the same.

I'm having no problem with the set of thumbscrew-release ones I bought off from rifleworks, been knocking the gun around on purpose to see if they'll shift but they're holding up just fine.

https://www./itm/Medium-Profile-30mm...s/382041832624
    Link not working mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    Link not working mate?
    Because it's e gay, you need to go to the bay & use the item number.

Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    Guys - which do I go for? I tried a set of quick release from (atom - not heard of them but read a couple of decent reviews and they do seem well made) but I've discovered that with anything more than a gentle tap, my poi shifts.

Ta

Dan
    Don't you just give the open lever 1/2 a twist to screw it further on to the bolt/stud so that it squeezes a bit tighter when closed

That & make sure it's a Picantiny clamp on a Picantiny rail or weaver clamp on a weaver rail.

Leupold picatinny qrw

+1 for leupold qrw mounts use them on all my guns,never had any issues