Thread: Umarex Single Action Army Grip Angle Issue

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Umarex Single Action Army Grip Angle Issue

I am sure this has been covered before, but why is the grip angle on the Umarex CO2 replica of the Colt Single Action Army model at a more vertical angle than with the 'real' firearm? It totally spoils the look of the revolver and I cannot imagine why it was changed. The firearm is a naturally-pointing pistol, with the vertical grip it must aim low on instinctive pointing.

WHY WHY WHY?????????????

So they can get the co2 capsule in the grip.

The real Peacemaker doesn’t use co2.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    So they can get the co2 capsule in the grip.

The real Peacemaker doesn’t use co2.
    I'm sure they could have fitted it without changing the grip angle. Even if it is the case, I wonder if a 8g conversion could work with a more realistic natural angle?

They didn't change the angle, they just lengthened it a bit to accommodate a 12g capsule. If they'd used 8g instead it would have been better but 12g is where the market is.

I'm just glad they made one after years of folks saying "wouldn't it be great if they made a reasonable SAA replica, but we're just dreaming". They even had a stab at replicating a blued steel finish on zinc alloy and didn't do too bad considering.