Thread: Theoben springer update.

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35

Theoben springer update.

Hi all,

To the followers of my spring conversion antics for my Sirocco, unfortunately it's bad new, the spring had a coil removed and the rifle is only doing 7.5ftp now, so not too much spring after all, back to a rammer it goes.

So, who dares doesn't always win

Thanks for everyone's help and input anyway, most appreciated

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Sorry to hear this, Pete.

Is it now worthwhile replacing that piston seal, as I seem to remember you saying that there may have been an issue with that?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Sorry to hear this, Pete.

Is it now worthwhile replacing that piston seal, as I seem to remember you saying that there may have been an issue with that?
    I will be yes but at a later date, I'd say the seal has something to do with the power as there's no real resistance when you drop the piston in the cylinder, the problem is the main cylinder has another compression cylinder inside which is fixed (the main cylinder is 31mm and the piston and bore being 27mm) and the seals are made of a pretty hard plastic, so probably don't seal very good when new anyway let alone when they're worn, the other thing is at £30 a chuck for a new seal, it's going to have to wait as well as the charging gear until I can afford them, I've just spent a bit of money on the Airsporter and my mate is currently making me some new guides for the original spring.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in