Thread: Self indexing semi auto air rifle.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I had the advantage of a favourable exchange rate and mine cost me a little over £1400 delivered to my door, with quickfill included, which was at the time an extra.
    Yeah but I'd definitely end up wanting to customise something on it... Which would push the price higher. Not saying that they sent great rifles, I do lust after them myself but I've just sold my R10 because I love my huntsman for how simple to service, quiet, accurate and more refined it feels in comparison and I just think "does it really get much better than this?" And personally after the stock, a few barrels, a decent trigger tune etc I don't think it does. Then there is the niggles (for me) with the steyr of 5 shots per mag & the stock wasn't quite right for me. To be fair I think I'd prefer the non auto biathlon h5 which would be a bit cheaper still.
    All down to personal preference at the end of the day and if I had the money I'd probably have a modified steyr just because I could!
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Much of my target shooting is five shots per card, with a penalty if you shoot too many in the one card, so a five shot mag was ideal.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Much of my target shooting is five shots per card, with a penalty if you shoot too many in the one card, so a five shot mag was ideal.
    And that's what it's all about at least for me anyway, finding and refining your needs from the rifle. It's great when you start really getting what you want from your gun. This is another reason I decided to go with a "one gun" philosophy with my PCP (the only gun I pick for hunting, I don't count springers in with this although I do still only own 2 and think I'd maybe like a third), I figured I can spend at least twice the time, effort, practice & money on one gun and theoretically get twice the rewards from it.

Anyway.. digressing from op (sorry!)

I think the steyr is a lovely gun but expensive and I think it's great if you really want one but for me you can get alot more for your money if you use that cash to customise something else.

Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I don’t mind paying top dollar if it was to perform as they have shown in various videos on its accuracy!!

No video, only a still; this was fifteen shots at 20 yards standing, with a full length H5 SA in 22 calibre with JSB 5.51 pellets.

https://i.imgur.com/CpfE6wd.jpg

The target is a 10m pistol card measuring 17cm square.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

My £600 Rapid can do better than that!
    Last edited by maxtich; 03-05-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxtich View Post
    My £600 Rapid can do better than that!
    Let’s see your standing target then butt with the old tractor unit
    ISP Airstream mk3 March F 2.5/25mml. Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 leupold 20/50 Steyr 2014 hft March x 5/50 MTR3 ISP Airstream MK3 March x 8-80 silver, fx impact m3 element helix Ripley AR4 blue Burris 8/32 Steyr 2014 hot all .177