Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Self indexing semi auto air rifle.

Self indexing semi auto air rifle.

What are people’s thoughts on the Steyr hunting auto 5 as these are now sold in the U.K... are there any other rifles with the same loading method coming soon?

Elegantly simple, beautifully engineered, safest air rifle on the market today. Not only that, it's a stunning performer and the best fun you'll have for a while, so long as you can afford the pellets for it.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Its a very very impressive tool.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by welshmikie View Post
    What are people’s thoughts on the Steyr hunting auto 5 as these are now sold in the U.K... are there any other rifles with the same loading method coming soon?
    My thoughts are ... yikes! It's £2,000! For an airgun!

It is a overgrown version of my B96 pistol only made nicer ..

It looks cool in terms of function, but they should lose the STEYR cut into the woodwork, makes it look like a sports plimsole.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 02-05-2018 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Elegantly simple, beautifully engineered, safest air rifle on the market today. Not only that, it's a stunning performer and the best fun you'll have for a while, so long as you can afford the pellets for it.
    I haven't commented on this subjected before but i feel its time to say how disappointed i have been with the Manufacturer BUT not the U.K Agent who was absolutely FIRST CLASS.
    Having had a Brand new one specially ordered in .22 fac in the same power and calibre,it wasn't a patch on my (£600) fac rapid in the accuracy department!!
    Last edited by maxtich; 02-05-2018 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post

It looks cool in terms of function, but they should lose the STEYR cut into the woodwork, makes it look like a sports plimsole.
    Everyone should lose all silly laser cut letters and daft checking patterns

Just because a laser can cut those shapes doesn't mean its in good taste.

Quote Originally Posted by maxtich View Post
    I haven't commented on this subjected before but i feel its time to say how disappointed i have been with the Manufacturer BUT not the U.K Agent who was absolutely FIRST CLASS.
    Having had a Brand new one specially ordered in .22 fac in the same power and calibre,it wasn't a patch on my (£600) fac rapid in the accuracy department!!
    Are you still having accuracy troubles or is it sorted, those I have seen have all been 100%

Nope no accuracy problems any more as after changing several magazines,pellet head sizes,and finally a new barrel it all went back to Austria!
    Last edited by maxtich; 03-05-2018 at 12:03 AM.

So its sorted and accurate as an accurate thing now?

I wish it was
    Its been chucked back to its maker as its not working for me and its off my Ticket

I have the scout model and use it solely for hunting . I’ve had rapids,hw100s,hw110,daystates, bsa r10,and several springers but this Steyr just seems in a different league .It gives you sooo much confidence when using and makes me get out and use it at any opportunity.It is now my only rifle so I think that says it all.

Maybe one day but when you consider that I reckon it'll cost me £1400 for my custom huntsman which includes the rifle 2nd hand, the barrel calibre change (keeping the original calibre so I can chop & change if I want) and an especially made to my spec laminate custom stock.. I wonder where the value is. Yes they are lush but you can take any 2nd hand hw, BSA, daystate huntsman, or air arms and have everything done to it and have change for a swanky optic for the same money... It's a no brainer to me.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I had the advantage of a favourable exchange rate and mine cost me a little over £1400 delivered to my door, with quickfill included, which was at the time an extra.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Everyone should lose all silly laser cut letters and daft checking patterns

Just because a laser can cut those shapes doesn't mean its in good taste.
    You mean, like this? https://i.imgur.com/kr9MFzE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I had the advantage of a favourable exchange rate and mine cost me a little over £1400 delivered to my door, with quickfill included, which was at the time an extra.
    Yeah but I'd definitely end up wanting to customise something on it... Which would push the price higher. Not saying that they sent great rifles, I do lust after them myself but I've just sold my R10 because I love my huntsman for how simple to service, quiet, accurate and more refined it feels in comparison and I just think "does it really get much better than this?" And personally after the stock, a few barrels, a decent trigger tune etc I don't think it does. Then there is the niggles (for me) with the steyr of 5 shots per mag & the stock wasn't quite right for me. To be fair I think I'd prefer the non auto biathlon h5 which would be a bit cheaper still.
    All down to personal preference at the end of the day and if I had the money I'd probably have a modified steyr just because I could!
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.