Thread: Cycling a gun lamp

Cycling a gun lamp

Dear all,
    Just started shooting again after my friend asked me to help shoot some rats that were infesting a horse field shelter his family owns. I bought a new webley longbow with airmax scope and weihrauch silencer. Unfortunately no money left for a lighting kit. I had a good set of bicycle lights (cateye rc230) so was able to fit them to the scope with a minoura swing grip SG3. The minoura swing grip is a device that usually fits to a bicycle handlebar or stem enabling extra space to add lights , computers etc. Once the swing grip is fitted I can easily fit ulta bright led lights or the rc230 lights (2x10watt, wide and spot beam, 6V) to the T bar. Not the prettiest set up but does the job. As I recall the SG3 swing grip was £14 (www.wiggle.co.uk).
    Hope this helps anyone who have spent all their money on a new gun and pay day is an eternity away.

Just been to halfords and bought a cateye daylites solo II light model hl-rc220 which with a little bit of adaptation will fit onto my scope ok, along with the on/off high/low switch.
    Complete kit was £19.99 because they are old stock must say ime sure it will do the job and yo uget the clamps included supposedly for handle bars but will go on scope.
    Thought this might be of interest.
    The only thing i will have to make is a tube to stop the glare.

hughiep
    Once navy always navy. Royal navy stokers we steam as a team.

make your own gun lamp from the lighting spares section at wiggle, a 12v sla alarm battery and a 35mm dichroic halogen bulb - mine cost about £20 to build gives me 35w with a 10degree beam - made my own filters too

dont bother with the 6v stuff - batteries and bulbs tend to be expensive in comparison - plus i can get all the spares down the road

HERE

ATB

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviewcentre
    The mill dot is very good, however I don't use it much as I shoot from a Landrover, so there is not much time for aiming.

Quote Originally Posted by smokin
    make your own gun lamp from the lighting spares section at wiggle, a 12v sla alarm battery and a 35mm dichroic halogen bulb - mine cost about £20 to build gives me 35w with a 10degree beam - made my own filters too

dont bother with the 6v stuff - batteries and bulbs tend to be expensive in comparison - plus i can get all the spares down the road

HERE

ATB

Chris
    Is the lager tin to put over the end to stop glare mate....

nice light.

Purely medicinal same as the aussie red im just about to get into now

ATB

Chris
    (occasional 'wife beater' drinker)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviewcentre
    The mill dot is very good, however I don't use it much as I shoot from a Landrover, so there is not much time for aiming.

Charged up and tried tonight, only in my back garden but it seems to be ok lights the houses up over the road lol.
    Ille be out and about next week to try it in the field.

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Get a AA size 2 cell torch from somewhere like home base made of rubber for a couple of quid get the smaller diochronic light 12v which fits in the end perfectly and comes with a lens cover use some insulation tape on the end to stop the light leaking out and push the cable to your 12v battery through the bottom use something like a bedside light switch for the on off get a couple of cheap/old scope mounts join them in a figure of eight and mount them on your scope and to the adapted torch. Light up the world. Although the best way to go is get an old maglite D cell standard diochronics fit perfectly. Or get a 12v rechargeable reflector bore it out to accept a capsule bulb (from 100 -10 watts) depending on run time. some Film Industry redfilter paper and you have red light ot to 50yds. Cut the maglite back to a couple of inches. Use the wall hanging bracket to fit it to your scope using an inverted scope mount and a piece of hard plastic to attach it to your scope. The cheap opion is a 12v car spot from the breakers. cut a coke can or similar in half put the light in one end and use the rest of the can as its support cover in insulation tape to stop light leakage and then use a jubilee clip to attach to your silencer. If you use a car spot that has a long/wide non circular beam the rabbits will often get bored and not run all the way out of the light but stop usually for ever.Hope this gives people with limted funds some ideas. The rubber AA torch is very cheap to put together as you dont ned to cut up a maglite.