Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I give up,I REALLY do!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    Wake up guys, military replicas, CO2 pistols. bb guns - these are the sport now. without these providing momentum to the industry traditional airguns in general would stagnate.

Defend the entire sport and industry, dont let the antis divide you.
    Excellent post, Mr. Gen Quite saddening to see shooters doing the tabloids dirty work for them

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Excellent post, Mr. Gen Quite saddening to see shooters doing the tabloids dirty work for them
    Recognising something isn't the same as arguing for it! Don't be such a purist.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Quite agree. I suffered a nasty Neuro disease last year and ended up in a wheelchair for a couple of months as a consequence. I joined the UBC took/taken part in their on-line comps which I could do indoors at home. I use several CO2 powered replica pistols for this. Great fun and without doubt has helped my recovery!

So I will never knock replicas.
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Quite agree. I suffered a nasty Neuro disease last year and ended up in a wheelchair for a couple of months as a consequence. I joined the UBC took/taken part in their on-line comps which I could do indoors at home. I use several CO2 powered replica pistols for this. Great fun and without doubt has helped my recovery!

GBS?

Hope your recovery is quick and complete.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    GBS?

Hope your recovery is quick and complete.
    Yes it was- an absolute bastard. I'm over it now but I lost so much weight and muscle mass that I'm eating like crazy and exercising to build up . All coming together I'm pleased to say

Good on you, Tony The UBC comps are fun and do lend themselves to CO2 replica shooting. Hope you keep on the mend!

Good on you, Tony The UBC comps are fun and do lend themselves to CO2 replica shooting. Hope you keep on the mend!
    Thanks Mr. Carabine!

Thanks Mr. Carabine!
    The Special Comps are fun, although I did dismally on the WW2 one recently Are you doing the regular 6yd? I've dropped out on that a bit, as I'm more often doing informal 6 yd with a mate- we tend to team up and shoot one pistol type at a time.

The Special Comps are fun, although I did dismally on the WW2 one recently Are you doing the regular 6yd? I've dropped out on that a bit, as I'm more often doing informal 6 yd with a mate- we tend to team up and shoot one pistol type at a time.
    I'm doing 6yd open and optical sights, the rifle challenge, open sights at 6 yds , PIPAS - great fun, and going to try the new speed challenge.
    To keep the thread towards collectables I often use old 10m target pistols for the 6 yd open sight class. A Fas 604, Original Mod 10 and a FWB 65.

Back in the 60s we had the 'Sekiden gun' spring powered repeater shot silver and gold coloured ball, could also use dried peas! - It made headlines in the papers Looked like a little black auto and was deemed to be unfit for sale to children - shops sold out Best free advertising ever

I remember those- always wanted one, never allowed to! Bet they're worth lots of dough now!